Professional Garage
 Enter Forum: Professional Garage
 Allison Trans prob.
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

OxDiesel-Doc

25 Posts

Posted - 05/18/2015 :  12:46:07 PM  Show Profile  Visit OxDiesel-Doc's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hey everyone I have a BB AARE with an Allison 3k 4th gen. Transmission. The Bus will shift make its upshifts but will always display a 1 gear lower than it actually is on the key pad display. The speedometer also is always behind from what actual road speed is.I ordered a new TCM and with the new programmed TCM the bus will not go into gear at all and the warning light "Range Inhibit" is displayed. Anyone ever experienced something like this or maybe have an idea of what I should check?

Things I have checked:
Battery Voltage = 12.6v
Ignition voltage at TCM when running 14.2v
Battery voltage at TCM = 12.6v
DTC's = No DTC's for engine, trans, and ABS.
Fluid Level = OK

JoeHEB1
Advanced Member

498 Posts

Posted - 05/20/2015 :  04:16:24 AM  Show Profile  Visit JoeHEB1's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Our BB show "Range Inhibited" if you don't push down on the foot valve firmly before shifting into gear. Our drivers had a hard time understanding that you must step on the brake pedal firmly to put it into gear. They were so used to just setting their foot on the brake pedal and not actually pushing down on it before shifting into gear. Not sure if this is your problem but that is what comes up on the cluster when the brake pedal is not pressed firmly before putting it into gear.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:

School Bus Fleet Magazine Forums © 2022 School Bus Fleet Magazine Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.03 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000