Professional Garage
 Enter Forum: Professional Garage
 C2 no start
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

pmorris

36 Posts

Posted - 05/18/2015 :  10:46:13 AM  Show Profile  Visit pmorris's Homepage  Reply with Quote
C2 check engine light range inhibitor light and no start with the key I don't have any tool to hook to it either. I checked fuses plug on trans and the plug by the battery box looked good. And Midwest bus has no clue.Any ideas?

Fastback
Top Member

1500 Posts

Posted - 05/18/2015 :  11:53:35 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
For kicks you might try disconnecting batteries for a ten second count.

Why yes, the ORIGinal CHARGER is a Fastback
Go to Top of Page

buster133
Top Member

USA
512 Posts

Posted - 05/18/2015 :  1:52:53 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
What model year C2 are we talking about(last six of vin could be helpful)? I've had this happen many times over the years and each time the fix was different depending on the way Freightliner decided to run the wiring that year.

[URL=http://s7.photobucket.com/user/buster133/media/6f2e0703-1970-4ac9-bb1f-b6b9d7c12297_zps1741e113.jpg.html][/URL]
Go to Top of Page

tigger2
Advanced Member

USA
470 Posts

Posted - 05/18/2015 :  2:31:18 PM  Show Profile  Click to see tigger2's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
does the dash show any faults or strange letter number combos when the ignition is turned on,like bhm, or eng. It could be communications errors from the transmission. no neutral no start.
Go to Top of Page

pmorris

36 Posts

Posted - 05/19/2015 :  05:24:12 AM  Show Profile  Visit pmorris's Homepage  Reply with Quote
found it I think the 10 amp fuse to the trans looks good but checks bad, starts and shifts fine. These new buses are a pain rattles mirrors and brackets brake and fall off all the time check engine light exhaust temp lights they weren't built to drive just to look at. Thanks for all the help.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:

School Bus Fleet Magazine Forums © 2022 School Bus Fleet Magazine Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000