Lights on Dash
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Trailboss

United States
196 Posts

Posted - 05/09/2015 :  06:57:37 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
2007 IC CE200 and 2011 IC300 both with MaxForce 7 engines.
The ABS,TC, and brake pressure lights will come on itermitently.We shut the engine off and restart and they go off but some times come back on while driving. Noticed on the start first thing in the morning it takes a while for the dash warning lights to all go off. The ABS,CT, and the brake pressure are the last ones to go off and you can't release the parking brake until they go off it may take a couple of minutes or even more for them to go off. Thanks for any help.

Trailboss

United States
196 Posts

Posted - 05/10/2015 :  6:30:36 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I might also add that these two buses have wheelchair lifts with the {P} for parking brake.
Go to Top of Page

exmod110

150 Posts

Posted - 05/11/2015 :  05:41:00 AM  Show Profile  Visit exmod110's Homepage  Reply with Quote
sounds like the pumps could be on there way out for the slow build up , . any related codes for the brake system?
but look over the manual for diag.
http://www.meritorwabco.com/MeritorWABCO_document/mm0401.pdf

Edited by - exmod110 on 05/11/2015 06:00:00 AM
Go to Top of Page

bfaulkner

168 Posts

Posted - 05/12/2015 :  11:08:04 AM  Show Profile  Visit bfaulkner's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I agree with the pump system going bad. At the dealership it was common for this to happen and the entire pump assy. get replaced. I am not sure if it is possible to replace individual components of the pump.
Go to Top of Page

mysterytrain

34 Posts

Posted - 05/12/2015 :  4:04:20 PM  Show Profile  Visit mysterytrain's Homepage  Reply with Quote
DON'T THINK SO, JUST THE ACCUMULATORS, AND MAYBE THE MOTOR AND SOME OF THE SCREW IN VALVE ASSYS, BUT IS PRETTY MUCH ONE UNIT.
Go to Top of Page

exmod110

150 Posts

Posted - 05/13/2015 :  2:15:51 PM  Show Profile  Visit exmod110's Homepage  Reply with Quote
something I forgot was to mention was the long initial build up time may also be caused by the breather cap being plugged, but that should not affect it going down the road...
Go to Top of Page

earl1412

101 Posts

Posted - 05/20/2015 :  06:46:03 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Another item to check is the four mounting studs that attach the unit to the frame are the ground circuit for the motors/ecm. I've had to remove them clean the frame, add copper/conductive antisieze and reinstall. This generally helps along with taking the Kevlar wrap off of the wire loom to inspect for abraded or corroded wires/ connections. Replace with split loom.
Go to Top of Page

CISDbusman
Advanced Member

305 Posts

Posted - 05/20/2015 :  07:44:23 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The lengthy charge time at initial start up would make me think the pumps are getting weak.

If you do decide to change the pumps (very easy but messy) have the new ones in hand so as to install them asap after the old ones are out. I would even change one then top the reservoir off then change the other. Reason for this is bleeding or making the pumps prime after a total fluid loss is a pain in the butt. I didn't have the pressure bleeder the manual said you need but a spare cap and a air pressure regulator got the job done.

Best of luck!!
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:

School Bus Fleet Magazine Forums © 2022 School Bus Fleet Magazine Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000