Maxx Frocrce 7 code 1268
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

BUS DOC

USA
4 Posts

Posted - 05/07/2015 :  9:34:27 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
HELP I got a intermittent problem, I now have 2 Maxx Force 7 2009 CE with the same code 1268.It will shut down going down the highway and the DPF lights will come on saying stage 3.Will restart and move. It seems to only happen in the afternoon run. Morning run it runs great. No other codes just 1268 we did the test and it says bad fuel pump (well it says it might have a bad valve which you can not replace have to replace fuel pump). I'm not 100% sold on it, but we pulled it down, waiting on parts. Has anybody run into this problem? Did wiring check it checks out ok. Sorry for the long post

Dvorak

United States
95 Posts

Posted - 05/12/2015 :  05:02:54 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
We have two Maxx 7's that are doing the same thing. Same codes also. Both buses only do it on the afternoon runs on a hot day. We sent one to the dealership so far. They were able to duplicate the problem and as in your case, they're installing a new fuel pump. Still waiting on parts so I can't tell you if it's truly fixed or not. Are you still having problems with yours?
Go to Top of Page

rcbusman

21 Posts

Posted - 05/22/2015 :  1:33:15 PM  Show Profile  Visit rcbusman's Homepage  Reply with Quote
we had the same story, sent to ic dealer and they had to dump the ecm programs and reload them one at a time. there also little sensors either side of the converter. can be removed and cleaned and reinstalled or just replace them. kinda look like mini o2 sensors
Go to Top of Page

sambrutay
Advanced Member

United States
271 Posts

Posted - 05/27/2015 :  05:26:15 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
fuel rail pressure sensor. replace first before spending 2.5k in parts

Bruce
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:

School Bus Fleet Magazine Forums © 2022 School Bus Fleet Magazine Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000