Professional Garage
 Enter Forum: Professional Garage
 06 DT466 dtc 353 vgt over duty
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

mhernandez73

124 Posts

Posted - 05/01/2015 :  07:26:51 AM  Show Profile  Visit mhernandez73's Homepage  Reply with Quote
has anyone ran into this? changed fuel regulator and filter.air filter. checked exhaust for restrictions.thx!

slippert
Top Member

USA
630 Posts

Posted - 05/01/2015 :  09:28:16 AM  Show Profile  Click to see slippert's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Is the varible turbo moving freely? Do the bounce test on linkage and watch operation when key is cycled on? If the varible turbo is sticking or actuator is bad, I am pretty sure it can set that code..

Edited by - slippert on 05/01/2015 09:31:47 AM
Go to Top of Page

Bus Tech1

76 Posts

Posted - 05/01/2015 :  11:30:38 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
We have seen a few of those. When the key is turned on the lever should come outward all the way and pivot back about half way. When the key is turned off it should cycle all the way back. If it is sticking I have had some luck with penetrating oil and needle nose visegrips moving the lever back and forth.
Go to Top of Page

mhernandez73

124 Posts

Posted - 05/04/2015 :  04:50:43 AM  Show Profile  Visit mhernandez73's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I failed to mention it pass the bounce test. I even took linkage off and manually moved sra and turbo separate and both move freely with no resistance. thx guys any more ideas would be apreciated
Go to Top of Page

bfaulkner

168 Posts

Posted - 05/04/2015 :  10:54:09 AM  Show Profile  Visit bfaulkner's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Is the code active at all times? if not, and you have service maxx have you run an air management test. Basically everything is self contained on the turbo. If it passes the bounce test and depending on if you can run service maxx tests i would lean towards the actuator.
Go to Top of Page

mhernandez73

124 Posts

Posted - 05/05/2015 :  06:26:44 AM  Show Profile  Visit mhernandez73's Homepage  Reply with Quote
it passed all test including air management. bfaulkner was correct. it was the SRA. I had key on waiting on scanner to boot up and was hearing grinding and sll sorts of noise coming from SRA.i swapped with a test unit.no codes and had plenty of powe on test drive. Thanks brothers for all the ideas and help.
Go to Top of Page

rcbusman

21 Posts

Posted - 05/22/2015 :  06:46:59 AM  Show Profile  Visit rcbusman's Homepage  Reply with Quote
usually the turbo
Go to Top of Page

mysterytrain

34 Posts

Posted - 05/22/2015 :  08:32:18 AM  Show Profile  Visit mysterytrain's Homepage  Reply with Quote
had two now where i had to pull the turbo apart and clean the vgt part, there is a dead spot in the middle of the housing where there is no air flow and cast iron casing has a tendency to rust and flake and then stop the vanes from moving on the center ring
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:

School Bus Fleet Magazine Forums © 2022 School Bus Fleet Magazine Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000