Professional Garage
 Enter Forum: Professional Garage
 BlueBird Micro bird electrical problem
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

eshover

146 Posts

Posted - 04/15/2015 :  07:50:16 AM  Show Profile  Visit eshover's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I have a 2008 Microbird that is giving me a problem with crossing/stop arm wig wagging back and forth. This bus has AC and when you have AC (both front and rear) on the crossing arm will go back to retracted or just wave back and forth and Stop arm waves back and forth.
It has a new 145A alternator on it. I put new cable ends on at the junction block near battery box to make sure they weren't corroded inside also. Newer batteries.
I checked amperage draw to back fans and all seems fine.It doesn't do it to bad until I kick on the rear AC.
I'm not sure where else to look.
Any suggestions would be helpful.
Thanks,
ED

krmvcs
Advanced Member

362 Posts

Posted - 04/16/2015 :  07:24:27 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
well that sounds pretty weird ED. every time ive seen the stop arm flapping/waving its generally been an issue with the micro switches. either they wear out, need to be adjusted, or they get some dirt in them.

-Ken-
Go to Top of Page

eshover

146 Posts

Posted - 04/16/2015 :  1:16:02 PM  Show Profile  Visit eshover's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I found a couple of wires in the cabinet above drivers seat that were not making very good contact. They were getting hot. They have female spades so I crimped them a little more and the driver said it helped the situation alot.
Ed
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:

School Bus Fleet Magazine Forums © 2022 School Bus Fleet Magazine Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.03 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000