Enter Forum: Professional Garage
 2005 IC CE200 fuel gauge
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

wjbusguy

United States
42 Posts

Posted - 03/30/2015 :  08:57:50 AM  Show Profile  Visit wjbusguy's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Just got off the phone with the IC dealer, seems I cant buy just a fuel gauge I have to buy the whole dash for 640 bucks. WTF?? Anybody ran into this one?

Mike

CISDbusman
Advanced Member

306 Posts

Posted - 03/30/2015 :  09:43:01 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by wjbusguy

Just got off the phone with the IC dealer, seems I cant buy just a fuel gauge I have to buy the whole dash for 640 bucks. WTF?? Anybody ran into this one?

Mike

Yeppers. My two have had an oil pressure gauge die and the other the temp gauge died. If someone every starts rebuilding these things I have two boxed up ready to ship to em.
Go to Top of Page

mysterytrain

34 Posts

Posted - 03/30/2015 :  09:54:02 AM  Show Profile  Visit mysterytrain's Homepage  Reply with Quote
ddinstruments.com

they do Chevrolet an international and just about anything if you ask
Go to Top of Page

aaronwilmoth80911
Top Member

538 Posts

Posted - 03/30/2015 :  6:49:29 PM  Show Profile  Visit aaronwilmoth80911's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Yes. Had a volt gauge go out on one and had to replace entire dash.
Go to Top of Page

slippert
Top Member

USA
630 Posts

Posted - 03/31/2015 :  04:31:17 AM  Show Profile  Click to see slippert's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Yes they are pricy,,, last one I had a problem with, seems like it was a 07 or 08, didn't have to buy whole dash but could buy it in three sections, although each section was over 300 dollars if i remember correctly... I believe I bought air gauges separate for the early ones like 2005's, but if remember the fuel is part of main center dash board, probably 640 gets you the board assy, you still have to disassemble dash and use some of your original parts...don't you?
Go to Top of Page

wjbusguy

United States
42 Posts

Posted - 04/08/2015 :  1:36:12 PM  Show Profile  Visit wjbusguy's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Its coming back in the shop tomorrow and I will tear the dash apart and see whats what with the gauge.
Go to Top of Page

Bus Tech1

76 Posts

Posted - 04/08/2015 :  2:09:33 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
That`s how International is staying afloat, selling parts.
Go to Top of Page

bfaulkner

168 Posts

Posted - 04/09/2015 :  12:40:22 PM  Show Profile  Visit bfaulkner's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Not sure of your location but I have called this shop before and they said they could do the work. mine happened to be under warrenty but you could always call. It is located in Grand Rapids, MI.

http://www.gmgaugecluster.com/

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:

School Bus Fleet Magazine Forums © 2022 School Bus Fleet Magazine Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.25 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000