Ceramic shoes thougts good or bad
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

valleybusman
Top Member

USA
800 Posts

Posted - 03/27/2015 :  2:07:13 PM  Show Profile  Send valleybusman an AOL message  Reply with Quote
I have been using ceramic shoes on the last 5 air brake jobs with drums . I started because I was told they shorten stopping distance . I ordered another set and when the parts guy delivered them he told me a story . He told me a bus co-op near me refuses to use them . He told me they installed them on some outside district buses and were not impressed with them . Said they didn't get any wear .Then he told me they refused to use them on their own buses . I love the stopping and not sure how they will wear yet since I just started using them . What are your thoughts good or bad .Did the co-op not give them a fair shake ? Seems funny they would use them on other district buses but not their own .By the way I bought them off NAPA

partsman_ba
Administrator

United States
377 Posts

Posted - 03/30/2015 :  3:14:40 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
We've been putting them on the front ends of our transits that take 6Q-4715's since 2011, and have had absolutely no problem with them. We've experienced less drum wear (which makes us happy) and less squealing (which makes the drivers happy). Using the 20K friction.

"Growing old is mandatory. Growing up is optional."
Go to Top of Page

partsman_ba
Administrator

United States
377 Posts

Posted - 03/30/2015 :  3:19:24 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
FYI - looks like we have 22 buses running with it right now. We buy it from NAPA as well.

"Growing old is mandatory. Growing up is optional."
Go to Top of Page

valleybusman
Top Member

USA
800 Posts

Posted - 03/31/2015 :  06:01:31 AM  Show Profile  Send valleybusman an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Thank Partsman for responding
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:

School Bus Fleet Magazine Forums © 2022 School Bus Fleet Magazine Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000