Enter Forum: Professional Garage
 2003 3126 CAT-Starts and stalls-fuel
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Bus Tech1

76 Posts

Posted - 03/27/2015 :  11:12:20 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Has anyone had trouble with a 2003 3126 Cat starting and stalling after a few minutes with a cold engine occationally? If you prime it, it will start right back up and run with no problems for a few days. No signs of a fuel leak anywhere. Don`t know where the fuel check valve might be or could it be another problem?
Thanks

Edited by - Bus Tech1 on 04/06/2015 12:22:42 PM

tigger2
Advanced Member

USA
469 Posts

Posted - 03/30/2015 :  03:43:11 AM  Show Profile  Click to see tigger2's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
The fuel pressure regulator is in the back of the head and depending on S/N may have a check valve after it. You should have around 60 PSI at idle and around80 full load. Also check for fuel lines rubbing on frame or transmission.
Go to Top of Page

RonF
Top Member

867 Posts

Posted - 03/30/2015 :  05:06:27 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
If it has a water separator on it check the anti-drain back valve inside of it.

US Army retired CMBT
Go to Top of Page

Bus Tech1

76 Posts

Posted - 03/31/2015 :  2:04:32 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks guys! I noticed that it was due for filters and changed them before I got your posts. It has been staying running since. I`m hoping it was the check valve in the filter.
Go to Top of Page

bwest
Administrator

United States
3820 Posts

Posted - 04/01/2015 :  09:58:01 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
While you're under that thing be sure to check the fuel lines coming out of the back of the engine and going down to the frame. They are on the left side and sometimes rub and cause some problems when they rub through like Tigger2 was talking about. I don't think your symptoms fit that problem but it is always nice to prevent a problem if you can.

Bryan
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:

School Bus Fleet Magazine Forums © 2022 School Bus Fleet Magazine Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000