2008 DT MAP sensor
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

slippert
Top Member

USA
630 Posts

Posted - 03/27/2015 :  04:48:54 AM  Show Profile  Click to see slippert's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Trying to find out if anyone has had a MAP sensor blow out of the intake on a Maxxforce DT 2007 version..and after it strips the threads in manifold, were you able to find a thread repair kit? or was replacing complete intake manifold only option?...dealer says they don't know of a repair kit or even size of thread, normally they replace manifold..

I am assuming that given as many times as this engine was worked on in and out of warranty that the MAP sensor had been removed/replaced many times in the 170,000 miles on bus... so I am sure threads in manifold have been stressed enough, they were bound to fail at some point..

RonF
Top Member

867 Posts

Posted - 03/27/2015 :  07:49:25 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
It should be 1/8' pipe tread. I think I plugged the stripped hole with the next bigger size plug and moved the map sensor to the next hole.

US Army retired CMBT
Go to Top of Page

slippert
Top Member

USA
630 Posts

Posted - 03/27/2015 :  09:30:29 AM  Show Profile  Click to see slippert's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
I ended up tapping hole in manifold to 1/8" pipe and put a 1/8" brass pipe adapter on sensor, along with some thread tape seems to be sealed and functional... will wait and see if it last rest of life of bus or till next sensor change

It's definetly wasn't 1/8" pipe before(is now)... had a straight thread with oring to seal, sensor would start and screwed in to pipe thread but wasn't exact fit.....No extra holes in manifold, only one for MAP and one for MAT
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:

School Bus Fleet Magazine Forums © 2022 School Bus Fleet Magazine Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.03 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000