Professional Garage
 Enter Forum: Professional Garage
 2005 IC CE Backup lights
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

TheRide

107 Posts

Posted - 03/18/2015 :  7:52:38 PM  Show Profile  Visit TheRide's Homepage  Reply with Quote
haven't got very involved yet but know that there is no power getting to either backup light. Is the switch on transmission internal? at the shifter? controlled by the body controller? Also no power to stepwell light as well. tried to access my navisar on command but school tech has blocked website. lovely. Thanks for any help

Thomasbus24
Administrator

USA
4544 Posts

Posted - 03/19/2015 :  05:23:48 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
A 2005 I would think would still have the big switch pack on the side of the tranny (assuming it's a 2000 series and not a 3000 series). It does neutral safety and backup light functions. Don't plan on it coming off in one piece either.
Go to Top of Page

rcbusman

21 Posts

Posted - 03/19/2015 :  1:02:41 PM  Show Profile  Visit rcbusman's Homepage  Reply with Quote
may have 2 separate issue there most the time when back up lights are out on our ic busses its because the lights have completely rusted out.
Go to Top of Page

second.flood
Top Member

USA
640 Posts

Posted - 03/20/2015 :  04:46:02 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Does the back-up alarm work?
Go to Top of Page

TheRide

107 Posts

Posted - 03/20/2015 :  05:36:36 AM  Show Profile  Visit TheRide's Homepage  Reply with Quote
don't think the alarm works either. haven't had time to get it in the shop to check it out. will post when I do
Go to Top of Page

TheRide

107 Posts

Posted - 04/17/2015 :  05:28:26 AM  Show Profile  Visit TheRide's Homepage  Reply with Quote
checked bus out this week and found wiring from gear selector switch to the lights and alarm good, but the fuse 20 keeps blowing, my guess is something in the module or possibly the selector switch is causing the issue. thinking about just installing a limit switch to keep from replacing the module at this time.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:

School Bus Fleet Magazine Forums © 2022 School Bus Fleet Magazine Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000