Professional Garage
 Enter Forum: Professional Garage
 BB All American air door
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

eshover

146 Posts

Posted - 03/05/2015 :  05:53:36 AM  Show Profile  Visit eshover's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I have a 2013 AA that the air door will not open properly when it is extremely cold. Last week at -12 it didn't work right and then today @ -4 it wouldn't open with the switch but you could push it open. It would close as it is supposed to. If I worked the door back and forth by hand with switch in the open position it would eventually gain pressure to lock the door open.
The lights are on for the air solenoid above the door so there is power there at the correct side.
It seems as though a cylinder seal might be weak when cold?
Any ideas?
ED

Thomasbus24
Administrator

USA
4544 Posts

Posted - 03/05/2015 :  06:16:38 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Yeah, get used to it. Real POS design in my opinion.

I haven't tried this yet, but a neighboring school bought some heated mirror elements and put them on the cylinders, wired them to the heated mirror circuit. Supposed to work like a charm.
Go to Top of Page

Tb4020

United States
82 Posts

Posted - 03/05/2015 :  12:19:35 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Ran into that on visions turned up the air press might need to turn back down when it warms up the door will close fast!
Go to Top of Page

eshover

146 Posts

Posted - 03/05/2015 :  1:10:47 PM  Show Profile  Visit eshover's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Yea I tried the air the last cold bout but didn't make much difference.
Go to Top of Page

dynono1

USA
5 Posts

Posted - 03/06/2015 :  04:51:46 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Have had this same problem on our 01-02 TC2000s. Door wouldn't work when really cold out. Jacking up the air a little helped, but when the bus warms up inside, the door slams open & shut. Had some luck warming up the air cylinder with a small torch, but on some of the really stubborn buses, we did just as Thomasbus24 suggested. That solved the problem (as long as the driver turned the mirrors on).
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:

School Bus Fleet Magazine Forums © 2022 School Bus Fleet Magazine Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000