Enter Forum: Professional Garage
 Vision defroster motor
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

aaronwilmoth80911
Top Member

538 Posts

Posted - 03/04/2015 :  05:11:21 AM  Show Profile  Visit aaronwilmoth80911's Homepage  Reply with Quote
We have a 2012 Vision that keeps tripping the 35 amp breaker for the defrost motor. We have changed the motor, but to no avail. Anyone else have this problem?

Tb4020

United States
82 Posts

Posted - 03/05/2015 :  12:45:25 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Did you try putting a fuse in it? Have had to do that in place of breakers before. Is it for sure tripping the breaker I had a lot of ground issues on that motor ran my own ground to the cabinet.
Go to Top of Page

slippert
Top Member

USA
630 Posts

Posted - 03/06/2015 :  07:31:51 AM  Show Profile  Click to see slippert's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
I Have had issues like TB4020 said, with ground wires coming loose on the heater box causing motor to stop and start, almost sounded like breaker was tripping until I got dash panels off and saw arching at ground terminal
Go to Top of Page

aaronwilmoth80911
Top Member

538 Posts

Posted - 03/06/2015 :  08:43:27 AM  Show Profile  Visit aaronwilmoth80911's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Definitely tripping the breaker. We will reset it and it will pop again after so long. The driver claims that if she uses her defog fans with the defroster on, the defroster will stay on. Talked to Blue Bird and they said maybe there is a crack on the bus bar and that turning on the defog fans is maybe drawing enough power off the bus bar and not letting it trip. Don't know if that's exactly right.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:

School Bus Fleet Magazine Forums © 2022 School Bus Fleet Magazine Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000