2012 Thomas
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

RonF
Top Member

867 Posts

Posted - 02/27/2015 :  09:00:47 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I have a 2012 Thomas, Freightliner C2 with a Cummins ISB engine. I have a green wrench and gear in the upper right of the dash flashing. I have an ECU 3 code in the odometer display. I have no diagnostic equipment on this bus. Could this be and oil change light? Any ideas how to turn it off. I can't get anyone at the dealer to call me back.

krmvcs
Advanced Member

362 Posts

Posted - 02/27/2015 :  10:03:55 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
i have hdx's. not sure if your c2 dash displays are the same but id assume that its a standard. the green wrench is the maintenance interval (i disabled them), and the gear with an exclamation point inside it is the check trans light. if youve got the little lcd display in the dash with the buttons you should be able to scroll through it and itll give you the dtc's.

-Ken-
Go to Top of Page

RonF
Top Member

867 Posts

Posted - 02/27/2015 :  10:20:20 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
It's not the transmission one. There are not DTC codes that I can find. Just says ECU 3 and Dia 1.

US Army retired CMBT
Go to Top of Page

RonF
Top Member

867 Posts

Posted - 02/27/2015 :  10:33:50 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Update!!!

KRMVCS,
You got me thinking. The models are not the same. My light is a green gear with a wrench inside of it. I figured after you mentioned "gear" that I would try the allison shifter method to see if it would go out and yes it did. I also notice after talking with the driver that the light came on at 50,000 miles. All is well now,
Thank you.

US Army retired CMBT
Go to Top of Page

krmvcs
Advanced Member

362 Posts

Posted - 02/27/2015 :  10:46:50 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
awesome

-Ken-
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:

School Bus Fleet Magazine Forums © 2022 School Bus Fleet Magazine Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000