New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

dsalinas1939
Top Member

USA
1316 Posts

Posted - 02/27/2015 :  04:51:21 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
just had a problem with trans leak and got that all squared away and on test drive the check engine light came on the stop engine light can on power was reduced limped back to shop and i have a code 1922 dpf pressure high i belive it was i read the article for that code it is sayin i need to get dpf cleaned is this correct or do i need to look deeper

Edited by - dsalinas1939 on 03/03/2015 12:39:12 PM

krmvcs
Advanced Member

362 Posts

Posted - 02/27/2015 :  07:12:14 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
or you need to do a manual regen. what make/model engine is it? how many miles? is it on a stop and go route?

-Ken-
Go to Top of Page

dsalinas1939
Top Member

USA
1316 Posts

Posted - 02/27/2015 :  07:41:11 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
its a 2010 bluebird vision with the cummings isb its on a long route highway mostly so thats what is puzzlin me it wont let me do a manual regen its saying filter is at max soot level red stop light is on cant clear code o and there is 115k on it
Go to Top of Page

krmvcs
Advanced Member

362 Posts

Posted - 02/27/2015 :  08:21:51 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
have you ever had the filter baked? i think its safe to say you need to have your dpf baked and blown out. most of the big truck shops have the machines to service and test those. it might not be a bad idea to pull the pipe and make sure you dont have excessive soot or oil from the turbo to the dpf also.

-Ken-
Go to Top of Page

dsalinas1939
Top Member

USA
1316 Posts

Posted - 02/27/2015 :  09:30:47 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
no never had it baked i was thinkin it might have to come off and serviced just wierd this bus does long highway runs thought the regen would regen itself on the highway
Go to Top of Page

krmvcs
Advanced Member

362 Posts

Posted - 02/27/2015 :  10:08:45 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
it does. but eventually that filter gets full of ash. after that no amount of regen will help. if youve got more of these systems on your vehicles do yourself a favor and put them on a mileage schedule for service. ask your cummins dealer what they recommend. i had one go from amber check engine to full on red shut down in about 5 miles of driving. after that i decided to remove and send them out for service periodically.

-Ken-
Go to Top of Page

dsalinas1939
Top Member

USA
1316 Posts

Posted - 02/27/2015 :  11:22:41 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
yeah this one i was test driving for a trans problem then all of a sudden the check engine light came on it ran a little funny and about 5 minutes later the red stop engine light came on and reduce power thats strange it would happen that fast
Go to Top of Page

dsalinas1939
Top Member

USA
1316 Posts

Posted - 02/27/2015 :  11:50:35 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
i am going to take it off and send it out but does anyone no how to reset or turn off thestop engine i see there is a reset on insight but the rest button i cant click
Go to Top of Page

krmvcs
Advanced Member

362 Posts

Posted - 02/27/2015 :  12:54:15 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
you have insight. good. after you have the dpf serviced and reinstalled you cant just clear the code. i think its in the advanced ecm data tab on the left. through the after treatment history menu you can reset the after treatment device. im not looking at insight right now so thats the best i can do for you off the top of my head. youll figure it out. after you reset it you should be able to fire up the motor and itll see that the previous condition no longer exists and you can clear the codes.

-Ken-
Go to Top of Page

dsalinas1939
Top Member

USA
1316 Posts

Posted - 02/27/2015 :  3:14:15 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
that's the thing I thought once the soot level gets to its highest level the bus wont start but this one starts right up I went to the after treatment history but the rest tab wasn't lite up like I click it and it does nothing
Go to Top of Page

dsalinas1939
Top Member

USA
1316 Posts

Posted - 03/03/2015 :  12:17:02 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
i took the dpf to my cummings dealer and they said the particulate filter was no good and that there was alot of black resadue saying the bus has an issue it ran fine and there is no codes in the ecm any ideas also i have only two of this 2010 visions and they never been park regened i wanna do the other one cause dealer also said that could be the other problem but i never done a park regen on a bluebird can some explain how its done and what is the on off switch under hood on passenfer side it says regen initiate on off do i just flip that switch on and it will do a regen once its warmed up?
Go to Top of Page

krmvcs
Advanced Member

362 Posts

Posted - 03/03/2015 :  1:03:31 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
you said you had insite. id use it to do a parked manual regen as opposed to trusting the switches on the vehicle. its also nice to be able to monitor sensor signals while the regen is in progress. also, i have a hard time understanding what youre talking about. the dealer said the filter was "no good". so you got a new one? if it was full of black goo and not soot then youve got another issue with your engine. better get that checked out.

-Ken-
Go to Top of Page

dsalinas1939
Top Member

USA
1316 Posts

Posted - 03/04/2015 :  05:26:53 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
the dealer said and i quote the particulates in the filter are coming appart and that should not happen on a vihicle with only 115000 so it has to be replaced and that the bus must have another problem causing this but the bus was running great never had a problem with it until now no codes no runability issuse nothing

Edited by - dsalinas1939 on 03/04/2015 05:29:24 AM
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:

School Bus Fleet Magazine Forums © 2022 School Bus Fleet Magazine Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.09 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000