New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Thomasbus24
Administrator

USA
4544 Posts

Posted - 01/29/2015 :  07:15:38 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I got a CD for DLB for my new CEs, did the online registration (nexiq, not the navistar site login). Put the program on my laptop...

Click to start it, it says "database not available, switching to backup". Then its " database corrupt, restart while online to download new database".

OK well I am online, so????

Anybody else has this issue and how'd you fix it?

slippert
Top Member

USA
630 Posts

Posted - 01/29/2015 :  07:35:04 AM  Show Profile  Click to see slippert's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
School system fire wall? anti virus software? Those seem to be issues here when downloading pretty much any software I need.. Always seem end up having to get one of our Tech people to do installs, They aren't very forth coming on steps to bypass system, kind of on a eyes only basis,lol... or if I told you I'd have to kill ya...

Doesn't really bother me having them doing it anyway as saves me wasting my time making phone calls when software doesn't load correctly.... And when computer crashes they have all info on who to call and argue with, to try and get program functional without buy it all over again...

Edited by - slippert on 01/29/2015 07:41:21 AM
Go to Top of Page

Thomasbus24
Administrator

USA
4544 Posts

Posted - 01/29/2015 :  08:28:12 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Tried it at work and home, but I'll double check the security settings stuff. Thanks for the tip.

I'm totally unfiltered in the office (it pays to be buddies with the tech guy lol). That and it helps when the filters didn't let me get to the routing program!
Go to Top of Page

Winn10

49 Posts

Posted - 02/01/2015 :  12:47:21 PM  Show Profile  Visit Winn10's Homepage  Reply with Quote
We just had the EXACT same issue with ours. The problem was the program needs to run Java 6 update #27. We had to let Navistar uninstall our Java and install that specific Java they require. All that was done remotely, so I have NOOOOO idea how to do it. Nexiq give us the runaround about it. When I go back Monday ill get you the number we called

Edited by - Winn10 on 02/02/2015 12:41:13 PM
Go to Top of Page

Thomasbus24
Administrator

USA
4544 Posts

Posted - 02/01/2015 :  3:03:45 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I did a dumb, dumb thing today. I attempted to reinstall it, which uninstalled it, so I'm praying they will reactivate it...otherwise I'm out $600. Passwords only good once.
Go to Top of Page

Winn10

49 Posts

Posted - 02/02/2015 :  12:39:41 PM  Show Profile  Visit Winn10's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Haha, yes, they will give you another software ID # and a new password. If you could email me at williamjackson2@ccs.k12.nc.us i will give you the info you need. I'm a little reluctant to put this info on the www.

Edited by - Winn10 on 02/02/2015 12:44:22 PM
Go to Top of Page

Thomasbus24
Administrator

USA
4544 Posts

Posted - 02/03/2015 :  3:47:28 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks, I'll be in touch.
Go to Top of Page

Thomasbus24
Administrator

USA
4544 Posts

Posted - 02/06/2015 :  09:31:31 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
In case this helps someone down the road...right click on your DLB icon, select properties, then Compatability. Check 'Run as administrator' at the bottom and then launch DLB.

Tech support says it is the same for all of Navistar's software with Windows 7.

Thanks Winn10!!!!!
Go to Top of Page

Winn10

49 Posts

Posted - 02/06/2015 :  3:26:17 PM  Show Profile  Visit Winn10's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Your very welcome sir! Glad he could get you fixed up.
Go to Top of Page

Invader440

6 Posts

Posted - 03/04/2015 :  08:43:16 AM  Show Profile  Visit Invader440's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Thomasbus24

In case this helps someone down the road...right click on your DLB icon, select properties, then Compatability. Check 'Run as administrator' at the bottom and then launch DLB.

Tech support says it is the same for all of Navistar's software with Windows 7.

Thanks Winn10!!!!!

Thanks for this tip, worked for me. Solved one problem now I need to solve the Wabco Toolbox registration problem.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:

School Bus Fleet Magazine Forums © 2022 School Bus Fleet Magazine Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000