1999 3800 Int Electrical Issue
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Fastback
Top Member

1500 Posts

Posted - 01/26/2015 :  05:52:11 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I have an electrical issue in a 3800 International with T444E V8. The 10 amp fuse labeled "start" blows when shifter is placed in neutral position. I can start the engine by jumping across the starter but engine will only idle as this fuse also powers the accelerator pedal. Anyone experienced similar?
For whatever reason I can not get a usable wiring diagram from International's OnCommand unless its in PDF format and one for this application is not in PDF.

second.flood
Top Member

USA
640 Posts

Posted - 01/26/2015 :  08:09:04 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Try compatibility mode to see the older diagrams.
Go to Top of Page

Fastback
Top Member

1500 Posts

Posted - 01/26/2015 :  08:36:51 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by second.flood

Try compatibility mode to see the older diagrams.

Thanks, did that and now at least the text can be properly viewed but the areas where the diagrams are supposed to be just have an "X" in the upper left hand corner, any ideas about how to get the diagrams from that point?

Why yes, the ORIGinal CHARGER is a Fastback
Go to Top of Page

second.flood
Top Member

USA
640 Posts

Posted - 01/26/2015 :  09:52:40 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Are you using explorer?
Go to Top of Page

second.flood
Top Member

USA
640 Posts

Posted - 01/26/2015 :  09:54:59 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
https://evalue.internationaldelivers.com/service/SVCDOCS/Navistar/sfns/SFN1301.htm

SFN Number: 13–01

SFN Date: February 2013

Subject File: GENERAL

SUBJECT

New Service Publications Graphics Viewer

DESCRIPTION

Navistar uses a graphic viewer that allows you to view many images in Service Publications that exist in the Service Portal or OnCommand™ Service Information. The current viewer being used is called ActiveCGM. This viewer is 11 years old and no longer works for computers running in 64 bit mode.

Starting April 22nd the ActiveCGM viewer will no longer be used. In its place we have a new viewer called ISOView. ISOView will work with the newest versions of Internet Explorer as well as 64 bit Windows PC’s.

ISOView will need to be installed on any PC that views Service Publications. Navistar will automatically install ISOView on all EZ-Tech PC’s. Any PC that uses a copy of the IService DVD published in the last year also has ISOView already installed.

All other PC’s will need to follow that attached installation procedure. Please note that the person doing the installation procedure must have administrative rights to the PC.

If you run into any errors in the installation process, please call Dealer Support at 1-800-527-7879.

Procedure

The person doing the Installation has to have Administrative rights to the PC. The order of these instructions must be followed exactly.

1. ISOView Installation

a. Review the Installation Instructions .

b. This Video walks you through an actual install .

c. Here is what you do if your PC is in Protected Mode .

d. Here is how you fiind out if you have Admin Rights on Your PC .

e. To activate the installation go to the ISOView Installation Page . Please note! When you get to the page the install starts automatically. There is no button for you to click.

If the ISOView Installation Page shows up in jumbled letters (see Figure 1 below), you must run in “Compatibility Mode”. To run in Compatibility Mode, follow these instructions .

Figure 1. Example of Jumbled Letters Screen Capture

You will know the installation worked when you can see the graphic in the installation page. You can also see “Arbortext ISOView 7.2” listed in the “Add or Remove Programs” list in Windows. See Figure 2 below.

Figure 2. Add or Remove Programs Screen Capture

© 2015 Navistar, Inc. All rights reserved. All marks are trademarks of their respective owners.

Go to Top of Page

exmod110

150 Posts

Posted - 01/26/2015 :  12:21:40 PM  Show Profile  Visit exmod110's Homepage  Reply with Quote
You have to load or reload the graphics viewer. Mine was working in the am last week came back after lunch and nada but the x in the corner too.
I am working on the same thing but with a std trans. the fuse will blow randomly on the road, it is a short somewhere.
there isn't much on that circuit, neutral switch, clutch switch, crank relay and starter relay and the ivs. I am sure my short is at the mess of wires at the drivers left foot. not an easily accessible area for me.
Go to Top of Page

Fastback
Top Member

1500 Posts

Posted - 01/26/2015 :  12:45:59 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
My short to ground turned out to be in the gray "97AU" wire somewhere between the fire wall connector and the neutral safety switch. I ended up just cutting the wire near the master cylinder and tranny and running a new wire. That wire may also be there on a manual tranns unit too, as you can easily bypass the neutral safety switch by connecting the two wires together near the back of the engine.

Thanks for the tips on the graphics viewer, will check it out.

Go to Top of Page

Fastback
Top Member

1500 Posts

Posted - 01/27/2015 :  04:41:46 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Ok, I down loaded the graphics viewer and it works EXCEPT I keep getting a pesky message that "ISOview cannot be used in protected mode" then explorer shuts down and we repeat the process. Any ideas?

Ok, I googled it, got the protected mode shut off and now it seems to work fine.

Edited by - Fastback on 01/27/2015 04:55:15 AM
Go to Top of Page

Tb4020

United States
82 Posts

Posted - 01/27/2015 :  4:04:13 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
It's where the wire harness crosses the top of the trans the cooler lines lay on it and it rubs through for future reference.
Go to Top of Page

Fastback
Top Member

1500 Posts

Posted - 01/29/2015 :  04:14:43 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Tb4020

It's where the wire harness crosses the top of the trans the cooler lines lay on it and it rubs through for future reference.

That was my suspicion but after cutting all the zip ties and examining the wires, the short was found to be somewhere in the loom between the firewall connector and where the wires exit the loom at the back of the engine.

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:

School Bus Fleet Magazine Forums © 2022 School Bus Fleet Magazine Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.07 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000