Professional Garage
 Enter Forum: Professional Garage
 air dryer rapid purging??
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

bandit

41 Posts

Posted - 01/05/2015 :  11:43:26 AM  Show Profile  Visit bandit's Homepage  Reply with Quote
looking for some help here I have a f/l with a ad 9 air dryer, that purges and kinda spudders very often, I have tried changing the purge valve with a rebuilt one and seems not to help, I just changed the whole air dryer with one I rebuilt with still no luck, am i looking in the wrong place, any help would be awesome.

bfaulkner

168 Posts

Posted - 01/05/2015 :  1:40:42 PM  Show Profile  Visit bfaulkner's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Is it freezing in your area? the only time I have an issue with rapid purging is when it is full and frozen. Replacing the assembly and air governor has worked for me in the past.

Go to Top of Page

krmvcs
Advanced Member

362 Posts

Posted - 01/05/2015 :  3:01:43 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
or you have a leak in the air line for the compressor unloader valve. ive had this issue with nearly all of my new thomas buses. the 90 degree quick connect fitting on the compressors kept failing.

-Ken-
Go to Top of Page

bandit

41 Posts

Posted - 01/05/2015 :  6:29:55 PM  Show Profile  Visit bandit's Homepage  Reply with Quote
well i just changed the governor and it seemed good I ran if for a half hour. ya in michigan too so its freezing but I had this problem before the freeze. thanks for your help guys
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:

School Bus Fleet Magazine Forums © 2022 School Bus Fleet Magazine Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.03 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000