New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

jimloiselle

USA
4 Posts

Posted - 12/18/2014 :  09:25:05 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi you all,.

We are having a problem with a 2002 Amtran/International 71 pas. bus.
This bus had, at one time, a rear emergency door lock. I say that because there is a tag on the bulkhead above the drivers seat. The tag says that "this bus will not start if the rear door is locked", and there currently is no lock on the door.
The problem we are having is that sometimes the engine will not crank when attempting to start. I am wondering if, when the rear door lock was removed that it was not done correctly and the circuit that causes the engine not to start somehow gets activated.
Is there anyone of you guys out there that can shed some light on where to look for a solution to this problem?
Thanks, Jim Loiselle

busrench

31 Posts

Posted - 02/20/2015 :  03:53:06 AM  Show Profile  Visit busrench's Homepage  Reply with Quote
It's possible there is a bad connection where the lock used to be because that circuit would have to be jumped. The first thing I would check is to see if you have power at the S terminal on the starter solenoid when the key is in the crank position. If you do, the starter is bad. If you don't, there is some other issue.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:

School Bus Fleet Magazine Forums © 2022 School Bus Fleet Magazine Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.03 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000