Buy, Sell or Browse
 Enter Forum: Buy, Sell or Browse
 1967-era Blue Bird Bus Seats
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

jaydglss

1 Posts

Posted - 11/26/2014 :  9:57:21 PM  Show Profile  Visit jaydglss's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I fulfilled a childhood dream by purchasing and restoring an old bus. Selections were limited because scrap steel prices have been higher in my area in the past few years. I ended up with a 1967 Ford Blue Bird that had been used as a camper and storage unit for two decades.

After I replaced the vinyl flooring, I retrofitted seats from a 1976 Blue Bird and added to my 1967 Blue Bird. They are a near fit, but they don't look like other ones I've seen in salvage yards from the 1960's. Does anyone have any leads on purchasing the seats closer to what was used in 1967? They had the grab handle areas at the top corners of the seat backs. Or, was Blue Bird offering the seats like the ones in 1976 that had a full back without a grab handle area?

I can't seem to find any interior pictures of late 1960's buses that show the styles of seats that were offered. I'm also not finding any Blue Bird manuals from this era that show the styles of seating available. If anyone knows of buses from this era with decent seat frames or seat cushions, please let me know.

C24U
Advanced Member

United States
220 Posts

Posted - 12/01/2014 :  1:26:42 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I have beside me an old Superior brochure from (I believe) 1967 by a strange coincidence. It shows the 6 styles of seats they used that year. I'm not sure how to get a picture of it to you though?
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:

School Bus Fleet Magazine Forums © 2022 School Bus Fleet Magazine Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.02 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000