Professional Garage
 Enter Forum: Professional Garage
 thomas
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

pmorris

36 Posts

Posted - 11/11/2014 :  1:30:45 PM  Show Profile  Visit pmorris's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I have a 07 Thomas freightliner with a Mercedes 906, the oil pressure goes from 50 to 100 and the tach drops to zero then the check engine cones on. I don`t have the equipment to read the codes but was wandering if anyone has had this happen also. thank for listing.

JoeHEB1
Advanced Member

498 Posts

Posted - 11/11/2014 :  2:32:53 PM  Show Profile  Visit JoeHEB1's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Never worked on a Thomas Mercedes engine, but have you tried replacing the oil pressure sensor? The tach dropping to zero wouldn't make the engine light come on.
Go to Top of Page

pmorris

36 Posts

Posted - 11/12/2014 :  05:13:04 AM  Show Profile  Visit pmorris's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I also forgot the foot feet wouldn`t work when the check engine light was on. It was cold and windy yesterday bus temp was 150 and I heard the fan kick on, Will it store the codes so I can have a shop read them. No haven`t tried oil pressure sensor yet. and thank you
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:

School Bus Fleet Magazine Forums © 2022 School Bus Fleet Magazine Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.03 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000