Professional Garage
 Enter Forum: Professional Garage
 09 All American Regen Needed
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

mquiring

79 Posts

Posted - 10/31/2014 :  3:07:08 PM  Show Profile  Visit mquiring's Homepage  Reply with Quote
We have a 2009 Bluebird All American Rear Engine with a C7 Cat that has been saying on the display on the dash that it needs a regen. It would not let me do a manual regen I took it to Cat and they said that Cat ET says everything is fine and that it had just done a regen and that's why it wouldn't let me do it manually. They say everything is fine on the engine side and it must be a problem with the Bluebird side of it. Anybody ever heard of this happening or know how to solve it? I think I'm going to keep my 06 and older buses on the road as long as possible! Thanks for your help!

partsman_ba
Administrator

United States
377 Posts

Posted - 11/03/2014 :  3:55:10 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
That's BS. The Actia speedo simply displays what the ECM tells it. Unless maybe its failed? Do you have another one you can do a quick swap with?

"Growing old is mandatory. Growing up is optional."
Go to Top of Page

Mechan1c
Top Member

USA
853 Posts

Posted - 11/03/2014 :  4:11:21 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
So when you got it to CAT was the dash still reading in need of a regen?

Did the bus regen on the way to CAT?
Go to Top of Page

mquiring

79 Posts

Posted - 11/04/2014 :  5:35:32 PM  Show Profile  Visit mquiring's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Unfortunately or fortunately depending on how you look at it I don't have another one like this. It said it needed to regen all the way to Cat. When I picked it up from them it still said it needed to regen but about half way home the message disappeared and hasn't been back since. I was never able to tell it was doing a regen on its own. I've driven it about 200 miles now and its been fine. I guess time will tell if this problem is solved. After deailing with this thing I think I agree with bwest that propane is the way to go!
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:

School Bus Fleet Magazine Forums © 2022 School Bus Fleet Magazine Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000