Professional Garage
 Enter Forum: Professional Garage
 vt365 no icp?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

mbfromnc

13 Posts

Posted - 10/31/2014 :  05:31:51 AM  Show Profile  Visit mbfromnc's Homepage  Reply with Quote
My problem bus went down again yesterday. Lack of power then shut down. I found one of the power wires in the 3 pin connector at battery box melted. Repaired wire, bus won't crank. Check with laptop and it is only building 29lbs ICP.

2 Months ago I had replaced the high pressure pump and oil cooler screen due to low icp pressure caused by a leaky branch tube. The bus was building around 300#icp at the time.

I wouldn't think my brand new pump took a dump. My first guess would be to swap the icp sensor. Can anybody give me their openion? I am a noob when it comes to diagnosing these vts.

JoeHEB1
Advanced Member

498 Posts

Posted - 10/31/2014 :  08:50:44 AM  Show Profile  Visit JoeHEB1's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Check the IDM relay on the firewall, the plug maybe burnt along with the relay.
Go to Top of Page

mbfromnc

13 Posts

Posted - 10/31/2014 :  09:24:51 AM  Show Profile  Visit mbfromnc's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Relays good, idm test fires all injectors at key on
Go to Top of Page

mbfromnc

13 Posts

Posted - 10/31/2014 :  10:46:31 AM  Show Profile  Visit mbfromnc's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I pulled my 2 month old ICPR out and low and behold there was a big chunk of the screen missing. Grabed one off a sister bus and the motor cranks right up
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:

School Bus Fleet Magazine Forums © 2022 School Bus Fleet Magazine Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000