Professional Garage
 Enter Forum: Professional Garage
 DT 466
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

TheRide

107 Posts

Posted - 10/07/2014 :  6:23:33 PM  Show Profile  Visit TheRide's Homepage  Reply with Quote
this bus ran a little rough for the first time today and logged

DTC
421 1 cyl 1 low side to high side open
454 4 high side shorted to Ground or B+
455 5 high side shorted to ground or B+

I tried to find more info searching for engine manuals but none of them would come up for this engine. ISIS can be very aggravating.

Thanks for any help from those who have dealt with these codes.

RonF
Top Member

867 Posts

Posted - 10/08/2014 :  07:53:15 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
That sounds like the under valve cover gasket has a shorted wire, either pinched or rubbed through by the push rod.

US Army retired CMBT
Go to Top of Page

TheRide

107 Posts

Posted - 10/08/2014 :  08:33:09 AM  Show Profile  Visit TheRide's Homepage  Reply with Quote
That's what I was wondering about. found the dtc codes listed and page number to find them but couldn't get the manual to come up. it only showed to be one page.
Go to Top of Page

Fastback
Top Member

1500 Posts

Posted - 10/08/2014 :  09:06:49 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I had one of the plastic wire holders under the rocker cover on a 2004 EGR DT break once, it allowed one of the wires to cylinder #1 injector to rub through and short to the rocker cover.

Why yes, the ORIGinal CHARGER is a Fastback

Edited by - Fastback on 10/08/2014 09:07:13 AM
Go to Top of Page

JoeHEB1
Advanced Member

498 Posts

Posted - 10/08/2014 :  09:26:35 AM  Show Profile  Visit JoeHEB1's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Fastback

I had one of the plastic wire holders under the rocker cover on a 2004 EGR DT break once, it allowed one of the wires to cylinder #1 injector to rub through and short to the rocker cover.

@Fastback, same exact happened here.
Go to Top of Page

57fan

United States
148 Posts

Posted - 10/16/2014 :  9:07:29 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Fastbackm we have had many plastic clips break and now stock them. never had a shorted wire due to them breaking. As for the codes, clear them and see if they return. As for the online manuals, We were only getting the first page for awhile in the Adobe page. Clicked on the links and now got the manuals all down loaded to our computer..

Lead, Follow or get out of the way! Thomas Paine
Go to Top of Page

TheRide

107 Posts

Posted - 11/03/2014 :  11:05:57 AM  Show Profile  Visit TheRide's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I cleared codes the day this happened, and the issue happened again this morning with a 455 code and a 353 code, may have to pull the valve cover and inspect the harness. What link do I click on to download the manuals?
Go to Top of Page

TheRide

107 Posts

Posted - 11/04/2014 :  06:33:36 AM  Show Profile  Visit TheRide's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I found the link to click on and found the test procedure, sounds like a wire harness issue to me with different cylinders having issues. Right?
Go to Top of Page

Mechan1c
Top Member

USA
853 Posts

Posted - 11/04/2014 :  09:22:46 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
3 different cylinders...probably not 3 solenoids.
Go to Top of Page

TheRide

107 Posts

Posted - 11/05/2014 :  09:25:56 AM  Show Profile  Visit TheRide's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Manual said the injector codes 455 and such would not activate the engine light. So could the 353 vgt code be causing the light and loss of power. Maybe the vgt sticking cause of coolant leaking from egr cooler?
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:

School Bus Fleet Magazine Forums © 2022 School Bus Fleet Magazine Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.09 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000