Thunderstorms
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

busfan97

USA
5 Posts

Posted - 10/06/2014 :  3:48:28 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Do you drop students at their houses instead of at the stops during a thunderstorm? I try to do so if there is a lot of lightning or really heavy rain or hail. Even if it makes me go out of my way to get to a student's house, their safety is our responsibility while they are on our buses. The only exception is if a parent is waiting at the stop with their personal vehicle. What do other drivers do?

FrankP

53 Posts

Posted - 10/07/2014 :  1:40:27 PM  Show Profile  Visit FrankP's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Always preferable during bad weather. Safe decisions are the best decisions. Better to be 5 minutes late than the possible alternatives.
Go to Top of Page

yellowroseoftexas53

USA
26 Posts

Posted - 10/28/2014 :  09:27:24 AM  Show Profile  Visit yellowroseoftexas53's Homepage  Reply with Quote
We do also whenever possible. However, there are some students who live on ranches, and the parents bring them out to the main highway for the bus. If the parent is not there, and we have no cellphone reception with which to contact the parent, we bring them back to school.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:

School Bus Fleet Magazine Forums © 2022 School Bus Fleet Magazine Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.03 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000