Enter Forum: Professional Garage
 CAT C7 hesitation
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

aaronwilmoth80911
Top Member

538 Posts

Posted - 10/06/2014 :  1:16:07 PM  Show Profile  Visit aaronwilmoth80911's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Complaints of low power, hesitation and check engine light. Logged codes 94-1 and 94-11, both low fuel pressure codes. Filters have been replaced multiple times, fuel pressure sensor was replaced at one time, and I just replaced the fuel transfer pump. Seems to hesitate and stumble on acceleration from a stop or accelerating out of a corner. I'm thinking fuel pressure regulator. Any other ideas?

exmod110

150 Posts

Posted - 10/06/2014 :  1:46:30 PM  Show Profile  Visit exmod110's Homepage  Reply with Quote
they are known to have bad H.P. oil pump bearing failures, taking out the injectors.
But before you go there, if you haven't, replace the fuel pressure regulator at the back of the head they are also a common failuer. I had one that got a hp pump and 6 injectors under warranty then had the pump fail again with the same symptoms, low power, cel light sometimes hard start cold with rough run and white smoke for a min at start up.

Edited by - exmod110 on 10/06/2014 1:47:57 PM
Go to Top of Page

United States
21 Posts

Posted - 10/07/2014 :  05:05:22 AM  Show Profile  Visit 007's Homepage  Reply with Quote
We had the same problems, tried the same fixes. If your fuel filter/water separator is on the firewall, check the housing for cracks. The shop bypassed the filter and it ran fine so they replaced the housing, no more problems. It also wanted to start hard and idle rough and this fixed all issues.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:

School Bus Fleet Magazine Forums © 2022 School Bus Fleet Magazine Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.03 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000