Professional Garage
 Enter Forum: Professional Garage
 Put Your test light away
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

beserkur

12 Posts

Posted - 10/02/2014 :  9:22:39 PM  Show Profile  Visit beserkur's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hi Guys,I've been lurking here for quite some time,rarely post,but try to help when I can.
I'm a 45yr old Mechanic been doin this since I was 10yrs(my Dad was a trucker with 3 trucks,Fixed everything himself,so I learned how to fix em really early on)
Now,I work as a School bus mechanic.
I have this pet peeve about test lights and boneheads poking through the insulation-Don't they realise they just Caused a future problem?grrr
ok ok-on to this really neat tool I found and instantly bought-now all I use is my multimeter and these leads,it's called LOADpro and it gives you the ability to load the circuit allowing you to find problems qickly and with no guesswork.
this guy,a fellow mechanic named Dan Sullivan invented it-check out his vids on Youtube and I'll lso give a link to the tool
Let me know if any of you already use this tool.I'm curious.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OeHnwme6zpU-LOAdpro overview

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6eZg3wLYsr0&list=UU_WCJS2QvK0TKs3xPjLgUzA

http://www.esitest.com/180.html

mastertech
Advanced Member

274 Posts

Posted - 10/02/2014 :  11:51:20 PM  Show Profile  Visit mastertech's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Looks like it basically replaces wrigging up a headlight to load test power and grounds . Great invention. Decently priced on amazon as well.
Thanks
Go to Top of Page

Oldiron

23 Posts

Posted - 10/03/2014 :  03:21:07 AM  Show Profile  Visit Oldiron's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I have a Load Pro and use it. It is a great tool. I have had the opportunity to take a class with Mr. Sullivan he is a very knowledgeable instructor. I have been doing mechanical work for 35 years and electrical has always been my strong suite, Mr. Sullivan's has great information and different ways to chase faults. It is an excellent class.
Go to Top of Page

sob

USA
91 Posts

Posted - 10/03/2014 :  04:45:36 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I have a Load Pro, but don't go to it as much as I do the Power Probe 3. Both are great tools.

Dan Sullivan, can't say enough good things about him. I have learned a lot from watching his video's. I would love to attend one of his classes.
Go to Top of Page

bwest
Administrator

United States
3820 Posts

Posted - 10/03/2014 :  08:30:43 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Looks like a great tool. Thanks for the heads up on Amazon, mastertech! Our school has an Anmazon prime subscription so the shipping will probably be free too. Just sent an email to the unit secretary to get one coming!! Thanks again, guys.

Bryan
Go to Top of Page

Mechan1c
Top Member

USA
853 Posts

Posted - 10/03/2014 :  10:17:01 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
It is a great tool. Dan trained with it at America's Best last year at PACCAR in Seattle and made me a convert. I'm also a convert of his methods of electrical repair. It will save you a ton of parts costs and get you to a solution faster if you can get your guys (or yourself) to practice these methods. Don't just get the tool, get the workbook too.
Go to Top of Page

bwest
Administrator

United States
3820 Posts

Posted - 10/03/2014 :  10:42:22 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Mechan1c

It is a great tool. Dan trained with it at America's Best last year at PACCAR in Seattle and made me a convert. I'm also a convert of his methods of electrical repair. It will save you a ton of parts costs and get you to a solution faster if you can get your guys (or yourself) to practice these methods. Don't just get the tool, get the workbook too.

I'll have to look into the workbook. I like electrical diagnosis but there are some issues that make me pull my hair out. The big thing is going to change my automatic reaction to go to my previous methods.

Bryan
Go to Top of Page

Mechan1c
Top Member

USA
853 Posts

Posted - 10/03/2014 :  11:40:11 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
If you can keep an open mind going in and take what you like and leave the rest,he has some great perspectives on electrical. His Youtube page has a bunch of videos that you can pick and choose among:

https://www.youtube.com/user/bivideo7/videos?view=0&sort=dd&shelf_id=0

Try taking a look at this paper from his website:

http://brighterideas.com/electrical-management/

There are some interesting thoughts on re-thinking how you go about electrical work. One of my missions this year is to try to host a training session.

Edited by - Mechan1c on 10/03/2014 11:41:55 AM
Go to Top of Page

bwest
Administrator

United States
3820 Posts

Posted - 10/03/2014 :  12:44:57 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
That would be cool. Keep us updated on that, would you?

Bryan
Go to Top of Page

BJ Henderson
Advanced Member

USA
280 Posts

Posted - 10/06/2014 :  05:38:31 AM  Show Profile  Send BJ Henderson an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Dan is a great addition to any electrical/electronic classes. There are many ways to trace down faults, all of them are not coming from the OEM side, only some of them are warming up to Dan's techniques.

CMTT,CMAT,CMBT
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:

School Bus Fleet Magazine Forums © 2022 School Bus Fleet Magazine Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.08 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000