Professional Garage
 Enter Forum: Professional Garage
 DT466 no crank
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

ECRC

3 Posts

Posted - 09/09/2014 :  4:53:08 PM  Show Profile  Visit ECRC's Homepage  Reply with Quote
2006 DT466 truck wont crank turn the key nothing all the relays click, the injectors do not pre cycle.
We have gutted the wire harness went trough it on the bench inch by inch wire by wire didn't find anything, cleaned EVERY connector, checked the clean power feeds, gone through the clean power feeds with a power probe 11.4v, replaced the neutral safety, I am lost all the fuses are good all the relays are good i know the no crank DT466 is a known issue,just seems that all the other fixes for this issue dont fix my issue Any help would be more than appreciated thanks in advance

JoeHEB1
Advanced Member

498 Posts

Posted - 09/10/2014 :  04:17:02 AM  Show Profile  Visit JoeHEB1's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Try swapping out the TCM with a sister bus, I had one the other day do the same thing. Turned out that the TCM wasn't recognizing the neutral position. Replaced TCM and problem solved, hope this helps.
Go to Top of Page

ECRC

3 Posts

Posted - 09/10/2014 :  3:29:10 PM  Show Profile  Visit ECRC's Homepage  Reply with Quote
unfortunately this truck came to us sub contracted cause another shop worked on it and couldn't figure it out i dont have anything to switch it with :( be nice if i did the check elc system light is ON if i jump the starter relay applying ground to 85 it will crank wont fire im guessing cause the injectors do not have power since they dont pre cycle when i turn the key
Go to Top of Page

Mechan1c
Top Member

USA
853 Posts

Posted - 09/10/2014 :  4:04:11 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Are you saying you have 11.4 volts?
Go to Top of Page

sob

USA
91 Posts

Posted - 09/11/2014 :  04:40:59 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I'm with Mechan1c... 11.4 volts is too low, you need at least 12.6 to have a fully charged battery to work with.

B
Go to Top of Page

ECRC

3 Posts

Posted - 09/12/2014 :  6:02:42 PM  Show Profile  Visit ECRC's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Yes at the time I had 11.4 volts I put the batteries on charge and now have 12.4 useing a power probe if I jump the relay ground to 85 it will crank but won't fire cause the injectors have no power the check elec system light is on today when I took the ecm and Idm off to get the part numbers I learned that it's the navistar ecm not sure what difference it makes vs. The maxxforce no crank issues
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:

School Bus Fleet Magazine Forums © 2022 School Bus Fleet Magazine Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.08 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000