Enter Forum: Professional Garage
 SOOO MUCH FUN!!!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

earl1412

101 Posts

Posted - 09/09/2014 :  4:06:23 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Just as school begins, and I have 31 wonderful twinkies on wheels to keep running,(of which 3 have died) I have to contend with vandals putting baggies into the fuel system, complete with slices of bread!
I am NOT looking forward to draining the fuel to go looking for the missing Wonder bread, as I am the only one here. The PTB told me that they don't believe this to be a serious problem. HA,HA!! Hope they know how to clean a fuel tank through 2 small openings!!
I believe it's time to consider a new form of mental/physical abuse.

earl

bwest
Administrator

United States
3820 Posts

Posted - 09/10/2014 :  07:02:56 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Yeah, some folks don't know the labor involved in repairing these "small" offenses. Reminds me of a story one of my drivers told me. This driver cuts up junk iron when he's not driving and has quite a bit on hand sometimes. While he was gone on the bus route one day a crew dropped by his house and stole several ton of iron. The police were called and after a few minutes they told him it's just "junk" we don't see a need to file a report. lol It's called value of one's time. Our society doesn't value real work any longer.

Bryan
Go to Top of Page

Thomasbus24
Administrator

USA
4546 Posts

Posted - 09/10/2014 :  08:05:11 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Soy beans in the fuel tank is also a blast. Ah the joys of country schools!
Go to Top of Page

Fastback
Top Member

1500 Posts

Posted - 09/10/2014 :  08:15:07 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Thomasbus24

Soy beans in the fuel tank is also a blast. Ah the joys of country schools!

Soy diesel?

Why yes, the ORIGinal CHARGER is a Fastback
Go to Top of Page

BJ Henderson
Advanced Member

USA
280 Posts

Posted - 09/10/2014 :  08:21:31 AM  Show Profile  Send BJ Henderson an AOL message  Reply with Quote
bwest, you certainly do have a point there. In my humble opinion.

CMTT,CMAT,CMBT
Go to Top of Page

baptistbusman1

USA
175 Posts

Posted - 09/10/2014 :  6:54:41 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
We had a kid cut up several seat covers in a brand new c2 a few years ago. The manager told us to get the price of a new seat cover from Thomas, which they were over $100. We gave him that price and he told us, "oh we can't charge them that much." Tell me how that makes any sense at all....

I was formally Baptistbusman. However, I lost my password, and had not updated my email address.

Here is a link to my old posts. http://www.schoolbusfleet.com/forum/search.asp?mode=DoIt&MEMBER_ID=1846
Go to Top of Page

Thomasbus24
Administrator

USA
4546 Posts

Posted - 09/11/2014 :  04:15:37 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I want to know what kind of seat cover costs over $100! NYHB Fireblocks go for about $38 here these days.

I watched a kid on video rip up 4 covers in one afternoon (2 bottom, 2 back). Yeah, that was an expensive bill for mom and dad!
Go to Top of Page

baptistbusman1

USA
175 Posts

Posted - 09/11/2014 :  6:39:08 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
We had just gotten our 2011 C2s delivered. They had the newer style seats that were more square. In fact when we ordered the replacements, no one had them in stock anywhere yet. And yes they were over $100 at that point in time.

I was formally Baptistbusman. However, I lost my password, and had not updated my email address.

Here is a link to my old posts. http://www.schoolbusfleet.com/forum/search.asp?mode=DoIt&MEMBER_ID=1846
Go to Top of Page

Thomasbus24
Administrator

USA
4546 Posts

Posted - 09/12/2014 :  03:03:10 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Price gouging at it's finest!!!!
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:

School Bus Fleet Magazine Forums © 2022 School Bus Fleet Magazine Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.07 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000