Professional Garage
 Enter Forum: Professional Garage
 05 CE 200 Cranks, won't start
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

RidgeLine

29 Posts

Posted - 09/02/2014 :  09:56:26 AM  Show Profile  Visit RidgeLine's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I have a 2005 build date, CE 200, VT365 engine that cranks but won't start. I get DTC 626, Unexpected reset fault. I am following the troubleshooting steps from ISIS but some of the wire numbers don't match.

The back history of the bus is it went out to have a turbo charger replaced. After it was replaced the bus drove 25 mile back to this bus shop, started one time and has not started since. I am also getting
"CHECK ELECTRICAL SYSTEM" on the dash. I have swapped out all the relays but under the hood and in the electrical panel. I have swapped out ECM's complete with injector driver module. I have check voltages at all the major connections from the batteries to the fuses and relays. Right now, if I am checking the correct connector I don't have batter voltage at pin X4-2. I don't have continuity in that way from the relay. The main issue is, is that the right wire and connector. (Numbers don't exactly match) It started storming so I have had to stop for the day. The injectors will buzz when the key is cycled.

All this happened before my time here and too much time has passed since the last place installed the turbo for them to "eat" and costs.

Anyone know of any common problem areas for this fault. If it was a CE300 with a 444E I'd be done already.

earl1412

101 Posts

Posted - 09/09/2014 :  3:59:31 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
RidgeLine,
I noted you checked power to various places, but have you checked the wire harness from the battery terminal where the power for the ECM, IDM, and Trans start to the connectors located just below the starter? I have had to completely strip the kevlar wrap from the ENTIRE harness, and have found that the pvc coating has been abraided with corrosion resulting inside of wires proper.
Also, I have experienced the fuse holders to be weak and have had to tweak them or replace them to get proper contact with fuse, also carefully inspect where the fuse holders are attached on the battery terminal, as I have found loose/corroded wires there. I have also had to pull the power wires at the starter terminal to repair defects hidden by the kevlar wrap.
Good luck
earl
Go to Top of Page

mhernandez73

124 Posts

Posted - 09/11/2014 :  08:42:29 AM  Show Profile  Visit mhernandez73's Homepage  Reply with Quote
ridgeline is right. Thats the first thing i look at now we have 6 of them they all did it at one time.
Go to Top of Page

RidgeLine

29 Posts

Posted - 09/11/2014 :  09:13:00 AM  Show Profile  Visit RidgeLine's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I did my volt/ohm checks and all checked as should. We have now sent this bus to the dealer.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:

School Bus Fleet Magazine Forums © 2022 School Bus Fleet Magazine Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.04 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000