Professional Garage
 Enter Forum: Professional Garage
 DTC 327 on 06 VT365 INTERNATIONAL CE 200 BUS
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

widowmakers

6 Posts

Posted - 08/27/2014 :  06:58:20 AM  Show Profile  Visit widowmakers's Homepage  Reply with Quote
this code is not in the international code index. from research we have found that it is "power reduced matched to cooling system performance" thinking of tearing into unit and checking for clogged oil cooler. Has anyone actually had and fixed this code? your help would be greatly appreciated!!!!

Edited by - widowmakers on 08/27/2014 07:43:10 AM

widowmakers

6 Posts

Posted - 08/27/2014 :  07:26:28 AM  Show Profile  Visit widowmakers's Homepage  Reply with Quote
the motor is actually an 06
Go to Top of Page

namao

Canada
89 Posts

Posted - 08/27/2014 :  11:00:46 AM  Show Profile  Visit namao's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Just above there is a search function, click on it . put in 327 and search just the pro garage forum. Down about 5 or 6 is some info, personly i am not familiar with this code.
Go to Top of Page

widowmakers

6 Posts

Posted - 08/27/2014 :  12:52:59 PM  Show Profile  Visit widowmakers's Homepage  Reply with Quote
THANK YOU NAMAO. I HAVE SEEN THAT ARTICLE BUT IT NEVER SAID WHAT THE ISSUE WAS. BUT THAMKS AGAIN.
Go to Top of Page

mastertech
Advanced Member

274 Posts

Posted - 08/27/2014 :  8:13:52 PM  Show Profile  Visit mastertech's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Thats a code for overheating. Get the engine hot so the thermostat opens and check with a infrared heat gun the radiator core in the front . If clogged the core will be hotter on the bottom .
If the bus did not have a coolant filter installed chances are good the top of your core is clogged .When that happenens the heat sensor on the front of the fan drive doesnt get hot enough to turn the fan on. Check the temps of your coolant and engine oil while driving down the highway. They should be within 15 degrees of each other . If the engine oil just keeps getting hotter then the oil cooler is clogged.

Edited by - mastertech on 08/27/2014 8:16:17 PM
Go to Top of Page

Bassman
Top Member

USA
558 Posts

Posted - 08/28/2014 :  03:57:00 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Master Tech is right on the money! I have one to look at today, but I have put radiators in all of my CE200's with VT365 engines. Ours are averaging over 200,000 miles.

Edited by - Bassman on 08/28/2014 03:59:40 AM
Go to Top of Page

widowmakers

6 Posts

Posted - 08/28/2014 :  06:23:47 AM  Show Profile  Visit widowmakers's Homepage  Reply with Quote
THANK YOU VERY MUCH. THAT JUST SO HAPPENS TO BE THE LAST PART WE ARE REMOVING RIGHT NOW. PULLED OIL COOLER ALL LOOKS GOOD THERE. I SURE HOPE THIS IS THE FIX. DEFINITELY BEEN A HEAD SCRATCHER!!
THANKS AGAIN GUYS! ILL LET YOU KNOW WHAT WE FIND.
Go to Top of Page

Mechan1c
Top Member

USA
853 Posts

Posted - 08/28/2014 :  12:11:04 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Mastertech, on the radiators without the filters and with the clogged leaking radiators, are you seeing leaks on the bottom 2 corners? How about you Bass? Are you guys retrofitting a filter head into the system?
Thanks, Tom.
Go to Top of Page

Fastback
Top Member

1500 Posts

Posted - 08/28/2014 :  2:19:42 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
VT365s built on or before 1-9-06 should have had coolant filters retrofitted to them as part of an uptime campaign.

Why yes, the ORIGinal CHARGER is a Fastback
Go to Top of Page

widowmakers

6 Posts

Posted - 08/28/2014 :  2:31:07 PM  Show Profile  Visit widowmakers's Homepage  Reply with Quote
UPDATE. JUST GOT THE RADIATOR BACK FROM RADIATOR SHOP. BOTTOM HALF OF RADIATOR WAS CLOGGED WITH OIL. GONA REASSEMBLE. PRESSURE TEST COOLANT SYSTEM AGAIN. EGR COOLER WASN'T LEAKING OIL INTO COOLANT WHEN WE CHECKED IT, BUT I KNOW THAT COULD BE THE SOURCE OF THE OIL IN THE RADIATOR.
Go to Top of Page

mastertech
Advanced Member

274 Posts

Posted - 08/28/2014 :  4:48:22 PM  Show Profile  Visit mastertech's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I have one right now with oil in the coolant . The oil cooler held shop air pressure . From the looks of it the blue gasket for the oil cooler cover seems to be the suspect. It is very flat with some discoloration right between where the low pressure oil and the coolant passage part of the gasket is.
As far as clogged radiators the uptime required filter be installed on all vt365 when they discovered the block heater elements were shedding material and plugging the oil cooler passages. Supposedly a new block heater element made this requirement for a filter unneeded but I submit that I am seeing clogged radiators on our ce300 as well as ce200 which have no coolant filters. All of our uptime equipt vehicles have yet to have this problem. Bottom line all diesels need a coolant filter or you will pay later.
Go to Top of Page

Mechan1c
Top Member

USA
853 Posts

Posted - 08/28/2014 :  5:08:13 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
On '09 vintage I-6 CE200 buses I'm starting to see coolant leaks at both lower corners of the radiator. Has anyone spec'ed coolant filters on this type of bus? I'd like to know where they are plumbed in at. Also does anyone have p/n for the filter head and filter they are using?
Go to Top of Page

slippert
Top Member

USA
630 Posts

Posted - 09/02/2014 :  05:26:50 AM  Show Profile  Click to see slippert's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Mechan1c

On '09 vintage I-6 CE200 buses I'm starting to see coolant leaks at both lower corners of the radiator. Has anyone spec'ed coolant filters on this type of bus? I'd like to know where they are plumbed in at. Also does anyone have p/n for the filter head and filter they are using?

I have no opinion on coolant filters or the 365 engine, but do see alot of issues with radiators in the IC bus since the 2008 model year ...

IC OEM radiator will last approx 1-2 years then crack at lower cores by tank on one or both sides at bottom... personally looks like a poorly built part that last just long enough to be out of the 1 year warranty IC gives on them,lol... I found an aftermarket totally aluminum radiator, thru a vendor here that has been working well and I have some of them that are going on 6 years since replacment with no leaks, unlike the OEM's that seem to shake apart in a short time...
Go to Top of Page

widowmakers

6 Posts

Posted - 09/03/2014 :  06:52:49 AM  Show Profile  Visit widowmakers's Homepage  Reply with Quote
ANOTHER UPDATE. HAD RADIATOR CHECKED APPARANTLY THE BOTTOM HALF WAS CLOGGED WITH OIL. REPLACED OIL COOLER AT THE SAME TIME. REINSTALLED REAPAIRED RADIATOR. DROVE UNIT AND INSTANTLY SAME PROBLEM. DERATED POWER AND SMOKING LIKE A FREIGHT TRAIN. WE CAN UNPLUG THE EGR VALVE AND THE UNIT RUNS GREAT. UPDATED THE ECM ALSO EARLIER IN THIS REPAIR. NO CLUE WHERE TO TURN. DONT WANT TO THROW AN EGR VALVE ON IT JUST TO SEE WHAT HAPPENS. ANY ADVICE? THANKS IN ADVANCE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Edited by - widowmakers on 09/03/2014 06:54:37 AM
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:

School Bus Fleet Magazine Forums © 2022 School Bus Fleet Magazine Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.08 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000