Professional Garage
 Enter Forum: Professional Garage
 TECH WORK AND HELPER WORK
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

got a min

31 Posts

Posted - 04/06/2014 :  11:43:52 AM  Show Profile  Visit got a min's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Does anyone use helpers in their shop? If so what type of work do they do?

aaronwilmoth80911
Top Member

538 Posts

Posted - 04/07/2014 :  11:46:42 AM  Show Profile  Visit aaronwilmoth80911's Homepage  Reply with Quote
We have a few shop helpers. One does fluid checks on all the buses weekly and tops off as needed, eliminating having drivers topping off their own fluids. He also dumps trash, sweeps, mops, parts runner if needed, etc.

We also have one that has been maintaining the white fleet for us as well. I don't totally agree with this, not because it is out of that persons realm, but because that person is labeled and paid as a driver, so should not be taking on a mechanic's duty as a driver.

We also have one who helps out with seat repairs, bus washing, and parts running.
Go to Top of Page

Wolf0r
Top Member

USA
2181 Posts

Posted - 04/21/2014 :  10:27:17 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I do wiring issues for a few schools. I usually just hand them a W9 and a labor bill.

“The good thing about science is that it's true whether or not you believe in it.”
Neil deGrasse Tyson
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:

School Bus Fleet Magazine Forums © 2022 School Bus Fleet Magazine Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.03 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000