Enter Forum: Professional Garage
 1997 444E no ICP pressure
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

JoeHEB1
Advanced Member

498 Posts

Posted - 04/02/2014 :  10:57:10 AM  Show Profile  Visit JoeHEB1's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Problem started with the power steering pump gear stripping out and destroying every gear down. I replaced all the gears and oil pump, had it running for 30 minutes at idle, drove it around the parking lot for 5 minutes and died on me. Never could start it back up, I lost all ICP pressure. The engine oil pressure is registering on the gauge and with lap top while cranking. I've tried swapping HPOP with another bus and still no ICP pressure, the other bus runs fine with the HPOP from the no ICP pressure bus. I tried ICP sensor with no luck, the gears were timed right also. I took the right side valve cover off and cranked the engine to see if oil comes out of the oil deflector on the injector and there is none. Wondering if it could be bad injector o-rings, the fuel tank has no oil from what I can see. I hope someone can steer me in the right direction.

Edit: Also forgot to mention that the cranking ICP was 120psi which is no where near enough to start it.

Edited by - JoeHEB1 on 04/02/2014 11:22:32 AM

aaronwilmoth80911
Top Member

538 Posts

Posted - 04/03/2014 :  12:41:03 PM  Show Profile  Visit aaronwilmoth80911's Homepage  Reply with Quote
IPR valve maybe???
Go to Top of Page

JoeHEB1
Advanced Member

498 Posts

Posted - 04/03/2014 :  2:19:29 PM  Show Profile  Visit JoeHEB1's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I tried that as well. I'm putting it back together and crank it without the ICP sensor in and see if any oil come out.
Go to Top of Page

Brad Barker
Administrator

USA
874 Posts

Posted - 04/06/2014 :  2:25:35 PM  Show Profile  Click to see Brad Barker's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Follow the hard start no start diagnostics for that engine in On Command service portal.

Brad A. Barker
Go to Top of Page

JoeHEB1
Advanced Member

498 Posts

Posted - 04/09/2014 :  11:34:29 AM  Show Profile  Visit JoeHEB1's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Update: cranked engine without valve covers and seen 1 injector in the left bank gushing oil out of the o-rings. Pulled injector out and o-rings looked fine but must be wore out to let that much oil out while cranking. I'll be replacing all injector o-rings and keep y'all posted.
Go to Top of Page

JoeHEB1
Advanced Member

498 Posts

Posted - 04/15/2014 :  07:13:22 AM  Show Profile  Visit JoeHEB1's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Update: After replacing o-rings on all injectors, the one injector still gushed oil out. The injector was leaking oil from the internal o-rings. Long story short, I replaced the bad injector and all is well now (crossing fingers). Thanks for your input.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:

School Bus Fleet Magazine Forums © 2022 School Bus Fleet Magazine Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.11 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000