New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

dsalinas1939
Top Member

USA
1316 Posts

Posted - 04/01/2014 :  06:40:24 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
hi guys i have a 2008 international ce bus its blowing the fuse f15 instantly the door will close but not open i have no wiring diagrams can anyone help me dont no how the circuit works so dont no where short may be

Edited by - dsalinas1939 on 04/01/2014 10:48:42 AM

Farmridge

51 Posts

Posted - 04/01/2014 :  11:32:51 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Electric or air door? Just back trace your wires from the solenoids on the door piston if its air, or the micro switches if it electric.

If you can't handle the answer, don't ask the question
Go to Top of Page

dsalinas1939
Top Member

USA
1316 Posts

Posted - 04/01/2014 :  1:49:09 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
its electric i dont no where the wires go from micros ?
Go to Top of Page

dsalinas1939
Top Member

USA
1316 Posts

Posted - 04/03/2014 :  04:26:59 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
there are two wires a tan one r23 and a purple cant see the numbers they come of the fuse can anyone tell me where they go?
Go to Top of Page

slippert
Top Member

USA
630 Posts

Posted - 04/03/2014 :  04:43:22 AM  Show Profile  Click to see slippert's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Wires should run down the A-post by quarter glass above heater and across dash to switch and electrical panel... I would bet it isn't in the wiring.. so far never had that be an issue on mine.

I would ck all your mechanical linkages for binding or catching, most if not all of my electric door issues have been either a linkage on the doors being loose,bent, broken or binding... or electric motor/door operator itself shorting out and causing fuse to blow...

Make sure Micro switches and doors are adjusted correctly otherwise you are putting a lot of pressure/wear and tear on doors and motor if it is maladjusted...and can cause premature failures of parts...IMO

Edited by - slippert on 04/03/2014 04:50:19 AM
Go to Top of Page

dsalinas1939
Top Member

USA
1316 Posts

Posted - 04/03/2014 :  04:54:08 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
i have the harness disconnected for the micros and motor and fuse blows so i no its not anything to do with the motor mocros or linkage
Go to Top of Page

dsalinas1939
Top Member

USA
1316 Posts

Posted - 04/03/2014 :  06:04:36 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
i have a short on thr tan a23 wire it goes to under hood bulk head but not sure where it goes from there
Go to Top of Page

slippert
Top Member

USA
630 Posts

Posted - 04/03/2014 :  10:02:09 AM  Show Profile  Click to see slippert's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
I think the only wire that go out thru hood or engine compartment are stepwell and skirt light if you have those....otherwise looking at diagram all door control wires should be inside under dash going from door/motor to relays to ecu, ect....
Go to Top of Page

dsalinas1939
Top Member

USA
1316 Posts

Posted - 04/07/2014 :  04:48:46 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
thats the problem i dont have the wiring diagram but i finally traced the wire to the magnet holdin the cross gste closed it turns out the magnet was shorter out and man it ***** chasin circuits with no wiring diagram
Go to Top of Page

1stLtDan

USA
13 Posts

Posted - 04/18/2014 :  09:35:39 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Contact your bus dealership and see if your school can qualify for the Isis Login site to where you have a log on code and set your own password once you get in. Ask them to send you info or call to speak with their website administrator. The Isis sight is worth having so you can registar your fleet of buses by VIN. Then you can access Internation Navistar info on your specific VIN per that bus. If you do nothing else - call the International vendor you do business with and supply their service department with the bus vin number and your office fax number so they can fax you that bus information you are needing. As far as these electric motors go - if the micro switches become out-of-adjustment find out why. The door brackets can move, bend or become loose at the door mounts. Then the electric motor will be hot to the touch. It gets hot because the micro switch contact has not shut off the motor for the open or closed position you commanded at the door switch. The door will look opened or closed all the way yet the motor will keep trying to work even though the door can not move any farther. Fuses / circuit breakers blow for reasons like this one. Dan-Indiana.

Edited by - 1stLtDan on 04/18/2014 09:41:30 AM
Go to Top of Page

dsalinas1939
Top Member

USA
1316 Posts

Posted - 04/18/2014 :  1:37:31 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I had the isis login site had all buses registered then one day I went to login and it wouldn't let me so I called the dealership I deal with and they told me its no longer free and that if I wanted it it cost 2000 a year after argueing with them for a while I hung up and research the dvd option so I am currently waiting for it to arrive hopefully it is good enough for what I need we are no longer purchasing anymore internationals all Thomas and bluebird for now on
Go to Top of Page

raytobe
Advanced Member

USA
293 Posts

Posted - 04/18/2014 :  4:51:27 PM  Show Profile  Visit raytobe's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I spent an hour today trying to find a wiring diagram for the backup light/alarm circuits for a 2006 IC CE on ISIS and what they had was really inadequate.
(actually about a half hour, it's just with windows 7 it seems longer)

Edited by - raytobe on 04/21/2014 08:11:37 AM
Go to Top of Page

dsalinas1939
Top Member

USA
1316 Posts

Posted - 04/21/2014 :  12:36:29 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
yeah when i had the login for isis sometimes it was tough tofind wiring diagrams but as i got use to it it got easier but some of the diagrams where not very good and small hard to see even when zoomed in i order the dvd version hopefully that is better but i wont hold my breathe
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:

School Bus Fleet Magazine Forums © 2022 School Bus Fleet Magazine Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.08 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000