Professional Garage
 Enter Forum: Professional Garage
 braun lift
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Tjhodge

15 Posts

Posted - 03/07/2014 :  06:19:20 AM  Show Profile  Visit Tjhodge's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I have a 2011 all American that has a braun millennium wheelchair lift on it that wont fold. I have adjusted it per the manual for the lift and replaced the micro switch for the fold action. Still wont fold. I can get it to fold with a little pressure on the end of the lift if its fully extended but thats it. Any ideas??

Thomasbus24
Administrator

USA
4546 Posts

Posted - 03/07/2014 :  07:29:02 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Being that its that new, I wouldn't fuss with it...take er on up to Cardinal for warranty! ~Pat
Go to Top of Page

Tjhodge

15 Posts

Posted - 03/07/2014 :  07:36:48 AM  Show Profile  Visit Tjhodge's Homepage  Reply with Quote
yea i think thats the best route to Im tired of adjusting it.
Go to Top of Page

Tb4020

United States
82 Posts

Posted - 03/07/2014 :  10:41:45 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
We had one doing that, Ed told me how to adjust the fold relief pressure solved all the problems! Unless yours is on the electric side.
Go to Top of Page

bwest
Administrator

United States
3820 Posts

Posted - 03/07/2014 :  1:34:55 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Tb4020

We had one doing that, Ed told me how to adjust the fold relief pressure solved all the problems! Unless yours is on the electric side.

The fold relief is the correct direction to look.

Bryan
Go to Top of Page

Tjhodge

15 Posts

Posted - 03/11/2014 :  05:34:10 AM  Show Profile  Visit Tjhodge's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Alright Ill check the fold relief
Go to Top of Page

Brad Barker
Administrator

USA
874 Posts

Posted - 04/06/2014 :  2:43:48 PM  Show Profile  Click to see Brad Barker's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
The pressure relief valve needs to be adjusted. This is a safety feature which prevents the lift from folding while occuppied. You should be able to hold the lift back by pressing light weight on it with your hand (25-40) lbs and make it quit folding. Any more than that is too much. They need adjusting periodically.

Brad A. Barker
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:

School Bus Fleet Magazine Forums © 2022 School Bus Fleet Magazine Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000