Enter Forum: Breaking News
 Driver Hits 14-Year-Old Girl With a Broom
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

coolbuskid

51 Posts

Posted - 02/26/2014 :  1:13:03 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
http://fox59.com/2014/02/25/school-bus-driver-smacks-student-with-broom-in-brawl/

A 14-year-old student was hit several times by her school bus driver, Charlotte McDaniel, with a broom stick after reportedly starting a fight with McDaniel over the driver's demand of the student to put away a phone.

The student who was hit with the broomstick claims to have suffered a fractured bone in her nose. That broomstick must have been better built than some of the cheap plastic ones I've seen!

What causes some people to take a verbal argument, over something stupid, to physical violence? Big Pharma drugs? Confinement stress? Whatever sparked it, the driver has been suspended, and the family of the student wants the driver to be punished. Perhaps more training to react in moderation to juvenile problems would help avoid incidents like this.

bwest
Administrator

United States
3820 Posts

Posted - 02/27/2014 :  08:55:47 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Undoubtedly there are details that we don't know. But there is no reason to take a broom stick to anyone, much less a child. That being said, I personally believe we lived in a better world when the person in charge (driver, teacher, principal, etc.) could administer a spanking with a proper paddle. Those days are gone forever though. Our republic is probably gone as well.

Bryan
Go to Top of Page

Cal Mc
Advanced Member

303 Posts

Posted - 03/09/2014 :  2:20:39 PM  Show Profile  Visit Cal Mc's Homepage  Reply with Quote
When I was in school I remember one of the owner/operators kept a paddle hanging from the door handle. The girls sat on one side of the bus and the boys on the other. He never seemed to have a problem. This gentleman transported students for 50 years and was well liked in the rural community that he lived and transported students.
Go to Top of Page

bwest
Administrator

United States
3820 Posts

Posted - 03/11/2014 :  2:00:27 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Yep, had several of those type guys here at our school years ago. Most farmed a little and drive a bus.

Bryan
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:

School Bus Fleet Magazine Forums © 2022 School Bus Fleet Magazine Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000