Professional Garage
 Enter Forum: Professional Garage
 DT466E Oil leak to fuel....
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

USA
5 Posts

Posted - 11/09/2004 :  10:09:52 PM  Show Profile  Visit 3116's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Injector O-rings? or is there something else to look into first.

ModMech
Top Member

USA
948 Posts

Posted - 11/09/2004 :  10:58:27 PM  Show Profile  Visit ModMech's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Injector o-rings are the only way. If the rail gasket fails, you can get this, but they will almost always puke oil to the outside first.

If it EVER got hot, look at the o-rings. They do not take excessive heat well at all.

If you want customer service, you NEED an International!
Go to Top of Page

USA
5 Posts

Posted - 11/10/2004 :  08:32:01 AM  Show Profile  Visit 3116's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Thx sir, I know cats are bad about injector o-rings leaking. I just wasnt sure about the dt466e or if the rail could leak internally.
Go to Top of Page

ModMech
Top Member

USA
948 Posts

Posted - 11/10/2004 :  10:19:44 AM  Show Profile  Visit ModMech's Homepage  Reply with Quote
The rail on the now "older" DTs is VERY robust, and typically will only leak oil to the outside. They are not prone to internal leaks or cracking, and I have never seen either in 10+ years of dealing with the "E"s.

If you want customer service, you NEED an International!
Go to Top of Page

flyboy

USA
147 Posts

Posted - 11/11/2004 :  09:44:26 AM  Show Profile  Visit flyboy's Homepage  Reply with Quote
The DT466E use the same HEUI fuel system as the Cat. If the injector O-rings go bad you can get engine oil into the fuel system.They will usually smoke and oil consumption will go up.
Go to Top of Page

jimbo20

USA
159 Posts

Posted - 11/12/2004 :  05:29:25 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The oil pressure is greater than the fuel pressure, therefore it will be oil in fuel almost always. There is a possibility for the oil to pass internally in the injector. I usually change o-rings and injectors together. This avoids doing the job twice.

jimbo
Go to Top of Page

USA
5 Posts

Posted - 11/12/2004 :  5:13:25 PM  Show Profile  Visit 3116's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Never had a Cat leak oil into the fuel... yet.Its using around a gallon of oil a day, I drained some fuel out of the tank and its dark like its oil or carbon. never touched a dt466e I dont have any spares so I cant down the truck. ill throw injector o-rings on and see what happens.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:

School Bus Fleet Magazine Forums © 2022 School Bus Fleet Magazine Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000