New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

coolbusdriver
Top Member

Canada
1509 Posts

Posted - 06/04/2004 :  7:01:24 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
If you have had an accident with your bus, how long does it remain on your work record?
When driving a private vechicle and an accident occours, it is on your driving record for 3 years and then removed.(in Ontario, Canada)
I would think it is the same when driving a bus, but I was told by a fellow driver that it will remains on your work record permantly.
How does this work for the rest of you? How would one go about getting this changed?

NvrDnDrmn2003

USA
19 Posts

Posted - 06/05/2004 :  10:30:12 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
As far as I know,once we have had an accident that report is put into our file never to be thrown out and therefore never really forgotten.

And, if ya think about it from the saftey standpoint, should any accident be really forgotten, especially if it is found to be the drivers fault? The accident will show up on the driving record that the company routinely gets, also. If they were to get rid of those records where would they go? Would they be shredded when the said time limit is up? Or should a copy always remain for future referance if really needed?

Give Respect Get Respect
Go to Top of Page

JC Theriault
Top Member

Canada
1326 Posts

Posted - 06/05/2004 :  10:41:01 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The employer can keep an accident in your personel files forever, but the various provincial offices handling driver abstracts have different periods for such thing remaining in their systems, NB for example, can keep stuff on their system for as long as 10 years.

One thing I discovered though is that the insurance industry can somehow go searching way beyond the provincial limits. When I was setting up my charter business insurance they asked me if I had any tickets or accidents in the past 3 years and the answer was no. Also provided them with clean abstracts from NB and NS for the past 5 years. They called me into their office and advised me that because they found a speeding conviction (less than 15km over the posted limit) from 12 years earlier that my policy was about 18% higher than the original quote.

I'm not sure who is more crooked... lawyers or insurance companies!

JC
Go to Top of Page

Stevebus42
Advanced Member

USA
363 Posts

Posted - 07/03/2004 :  06:43:48 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I would agree with all the posters. Accidents can remain in a drivers work records for ever. However unless this person has a history of accidents the report is generally forgoten and considerd to be just more paper in a folder.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:

School Bus Fleet Magazine Forums © 2022 School Bus Fleet Magazine Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000