Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 9

Girardin_71
Top Member

Canada
626 Posts

Posted - 01/29/2004 :  5:02:43 PM  Show Profile  Send Girardin_71 a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
how hard is it to get a good selection of model school buses. I get more selection when buying model cars.

Girardin/Blue-Bird are my favorite school buses

http://www.g71bdpt.net

Edited by - Girardin_71 on 01/29/2004 5:03:02 PM
Go to Top of Page

Chris
Top Member

USA
1013 Posts

Posted - 01/29/2004 :  5:12:12 PM  Show Profile  Visit Chris's Homepage  Send Chris an AOL message  Click to see Chris's MSN Messenger address  Send Chris a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
I wish there were more school bus models out there. I would like to see some older bus models...realistic ones, not the cheap plastic pull-back motor kind

My Personal Fleet
1985 Ward Ford #1 Lexington Local - 1990 Wayne International NO.2 Walton-Verona - 1992 Ward Senator NO.4 Walton-Verona *SOLD*
Go to Top of Page

92FrdCarp#11
Top Member

USA
1455 Posts

Posted - 01/29/2004 :  5:43:25 PM  Show Profile  Visit 92FrdCarp#11's Homepage  Send 92FrdCarp#11 an AOL message  Click to see 92FrdCarp#11's MSN Messenger address  Send 92FrdCarp#11 a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by BusMan06

...realistic ones, not the cheap plastic pull-back motor kind

I don't really like those.

BTW, Allan Haggai emailed me back today and there are 2 catalogs that you could order: Bus catalogs or promotional catalogs.

Johnny

Go to Top of Page

Girardin_71
Top Member

Canada
626 Posts

Posted - 01/29/2004 :  5:48:04 PM  Show Profile  Send Girardin_71 a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by 92FrdCarp#11

quote:
Originally posted by BusMan06

...realistic ones, not the cheap plastic pull-back motor kind

I don't really like those.

BTW, Allan Haggai emailed me back today and there are 2 catalogs that you could order: Bus catalogs or promotional catalogs.

did he say how to order the catalogs, or can you forward that email to me at bus_man65@yahoo.ca

Go to Top of Page

Chris
Top Member

USA
1013 Posts

Posted - 01/29/2004 :  6:06:11 PM  Show Profile  Visit Chris's Homepage  Send Chris an AOL message  Click to see Chris's MSN Messenger address  Send Chris a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Forward me too please, ChristopherLee98@netscape.net

My Personal Fleet
1985 Ward Ford #1 Lexington Local - 1990 Wayne International NO.2 Walton-Verona - 1992 Ward Senator NO.4 Walton-Verona *SOLD*
Go to Top of Page

SchoolBusFan
Top Member

USA
1769 Posts

Posted - 01/29/2004 :  8:37:14 PM  Show Profile  Visit SchoolBusFan's Homepage  Send SchoolBusFan an AOL message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by bus_man65

can you get 1:54th of the Saf-T-Liner EF
and the minotour.

I don't think you can. They currently have the Saf-T-Liner HDX and Saf-T-Liner C2 models. I wish they did have the Saf-T-Liner EF.
The HDX model looks almost like a mix of an Saf-T-Liner HD/ER. But I still like it.

Check out my new Yahoo group:
http://autos.groups.yahoo.com/group/ccsdschoolbuszone/

Edited by - SchoolBusFan on 01/29/2004 8:39:40 PM
Go to Top of Page

Chris
Top Member

USA
1013 Posts

Posted - 01/29/2004 :  8:44:22 PM  Show Profile  Visit Chris's Homepage  Send Chris an AOL message  Click to see Chris's MSN Messenger address  Send Chris a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
I wish Blue Bird had diecasts of their buses, along with IC which are supposed to be getting some "drivers plus" thing, its late on arrival though.

My Personal Fleet
Go to Top of Page

SchoolBusFan
Top Member

USA
1769 Posts

Posted - 01/31/2004 :  9:23:32 PM  Show Profile  Visit SchoolBusFan's Homepage  Send SchoolBusFan an AOL message  Reply with Quote
I do have this bus that looks like a Mini Bird. It looks so much like it, but I don't think they sell it anymore. It's made from Die Cast metal with 6 passenger benches (Capacity of 27, I know it's small). I got it as a gift in 1993 in a set for a traffic school (came with a patrol car, signs, and people). It's yellow, or course.

Go to Top of Page

SchoolBusFan
Top Member

USA
1769 Posts

Posted - 02/06/2004 :  9:20:32 PM  Show Profile  Visit SchoolBusFan's Homepage  Send SchoolBusFan an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Who else has "...a model fleet of buses?"

Go to Top of Page

GMCBlueBird83
Top Member

USA
1478 Posts

Posted - 02/07/2004 :  07:20:41 AM  Show Profile  Visit GMCBlueBird83's Homepage  Send GMCBlueBird83 an AOL message  Send GMCBlueBird83 a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
I just got my Siku model # 3731 school bus AKA Thomas Freghtliner FS-65. I gotta say it looks great! Too bad its three times the size as my Herpa Blue Bird IH models but that's ok.It features outward opening doors, working rear emargency door, movable stop arm and a tilt-forward hood that reveals the engine
I've already started the modding process by adding black around the warning lights and making the outward opening door more realistic looking by adding black details. I also plan on adding a white roof for the complete Florida spec look(The Siku Thomas has no ribbing on the body sides). And I'll finish it off with "Palm Beach District Schools" number 0429.
I'll have some pics on my site shortly with the finished product to come at a later date.
Go to Top of Page

GMCBlueBird83
Top Member

USA
1478 Posts

Posted - 02/07/2004 :  3:40:21 PM  Show Profile  Visit GMCBlueBird83's Homepage  Send GMCBlueBird83 an AOL message  Send GMCBlueBird83 a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Here is the first phase of mods of my new Thomas Freightliner model. As you can see, I photoshopped the model into the same background scene as the bus I shot in Pompano Beach, FL. Other than the windshield being tinted, the model HAS NOT been photoshopped:
Go to Top of Page

SchoolBusFan
Top Member

USA
1769 Posts

Posted - 02/07/2004 :  6:33:05 PM  Show Profile  Visit SchoolBusFan's Homepage  Send SchoolBusFan an AOL message  Reply with Quote
I thought that was a real bus which was put into that picture when I took a first look at it. Good job with that Photo Shop!!

Go to Top of Page

Girardin_71
Top Member

Canada
626 Posts

Posted - 02/11/2004 :  12:28:27 PM  Show Profile  Send Girardin_71 a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
I just got my Thomas Built Buses Saf-T-Liner C2. Fedex deliver my bus today. I will have a picture soon.

Go to Top of Page

Chris
Top Member

USA
1013 Posts

Posted - 02/11/2004 :  3:47:02 PM  Show Profile  Visit Chris's Homepage  Send Chris an AOL message  Click to see Chris's MSN Messenger address  Send Chris a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
A picture of the c2 model can be found at schoolbusfan's web site

My Personal Fleet
Go to Top of Page

Bri98-87
Advanced Member

USA
278 Posts

Posted - 02/11/2004 :  4:14:48 PM  Show Profile  Send Bri98-87 an AOL message  Reply with Quote
I've got one of the new C2 models. :)

Go to Top of Page

Girardin_71
Top Member

Canada
626 Posts

Posted - 02/11/2004 :  6:54:34 PM  Show Profile  Send Girardin_71 a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
one thing i've notice is that the C2 has the Florida Specs on it.

which is cool.

Go to Top of Page

GMCBlueBird83
Top Member

USA
1478 Posts

Posted - 02/12/2004 :  05:57:11 AM  Show Profile  Visit GMCBlueBird83's Homepage  Send GMCBlueBird83 an AOL message  Send GMCBlueBird83 a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by bus_man65

one thing i've notice is that the C2 has the Florida Specs on it.

which is cool.

Florida specs, eh? Sounds good to me
Go to Top of Page

BlueBird16
Top Member

USA
501 Posts

Posted - 02/13/2004 :  11:21:09 AM  Show Profile  Visit BlueBird16's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Kevin Neafie will posts some pics of my bus fleet on here shortly. And I want to say before anyone asks I do not make these to sell.

There are a few of you on here who have been fortunate to get one of my buses. I am not trying to be conceited but those of you who have my work are privileged.

Only a select few people get these from me. I no longer have the time nor the money to invest on all kinds of materials. These pics are just to share and for your enjoyment. I have several e-mails sent to me asking me to build or re-produce a bus model. I hope you will enjoy the pics Kevin sends.
Go to Top of Page

92FrdCarp#11
Top Member

USA
1455 Posts

Posted - 02/13/2004 :  4:34:42 PM  Show Profile  Visit 92FrdCarp#11's Homepage  Send 92FrdCarp#11 an AOL message  Click to see 92FrdCarp#11's MSN Messenger address  Send 92FrdCarp#11 a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
That is a nice Thomas/Freightliner. Jeff, did a very good job on that bus.

Johnny

Go to Top of Page

Thomasfan89
Top Member

USA
1155 Posts

Posted - 02/13/2004 :  5:50:36 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Jeff made me a VERY nice Thomas International modeled after our last Thomases. If i can figure out how, I will post a picture or 2. Thanks again Jeff! I showed it to our TD and she absolutly LOVED it!!!!! I also "souped up" a Thomas Freightliner a while ago of what my ideal bus would look similar. IT is not nearly as nice as a model Jeff produces, but ( not to toot my own horn)it is nice for an amature. IF anyone wants pics of either of these models, just drop me an email.
Greg Hovan
Go to Top of Page

Chris
Top Member

USA
1013 Posts

Posted - 02/13/2004 :  5:59:49 PM  Show Profile  Visit Chris's Homepage  Send Chris an AOL message  Click to see Chris's MSN Messenger address  Send Chris a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
I wish older buses would be made into models, I would like one of my bus, a 1985 Ward Ford.....where the heck is IC's model!?

My Personal Fleet
Go to Top of Page

GMCBlueBird83
Top Member

USA
1478 Posts

Posted - 02/13/2004 :  6:12:09 PM  Show Profile  Visit GMCBlueBird83's Homepage  Send GMCBlueBird83 an AOL message  Send GMCBlueBird83 a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Jeff,
That Thomas looks amazing! I'm actually in the process of doing something very similar. Did you make the Thomas logos yourself or did you buy them? I have logos on my bus but I printed them off my computer, cut them to size and glued them on. I then coverd them with scotch tape to improve integrity. It doesn't look bad but I'm not really thrilled with the results.

As for the other mods so far:

- White roof made from white contact paper fit to size

-roof top strobe light made from a white pencil eraser and covered in scotch tape to make it look more like glass

-black paint around the warning light(see above post) made with a black Sharpie marker

-window details filled in with the black marker

- steering wheel is now black

- bumper mounted cross arm made from a yellow paper clip

future mods:
-Add the Palm Beach District Schools lettering

-Add the proper Palm Beach numbering system, this bus will be 0429

-Paint the rims yellow

-add diagonal stripes to rear bumper

-add Florida license plate

-add second stop arm to left rear of bus, all red on outside traditional stop sign on inside

Here are some pics for yor pleasure:

Go to Top of Page

92FrdCarp#11
Top Member

USA
1455 Posts

Posted - 02/13/2004 :  6:41:04 PM  Show Profile  Visit 92FrdCarp#11's Homepage  Send 92FrdCarp#11 an AOL message  Click to see 92FrdCarp#11's MSN Messenger address  Send 92FrdCarp#11 a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
That bus looks good. GMCBlueBird83 that is a nice bus. It will be even better when you get it done.

Johnny

Go to Top of Page

SchoolBusFan
Top Member

USA
1769 Posts

Posted - 02/13/2004 :  11:53:45 PM  Show Profile  Visit SchoolBusFan's Homepage  Send SchoolBusFan an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Great Models!!

Go to Top of Page

98TomFord
Top Member

USA
812 Posts

Posted - 02/14/2004 :  11:01:46 AM  Show Profile  Visit 98TomFord's Homepage  Send 98TomFord an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Does anybody in this forum have Ford bus models? Not those little hotwheel ones, like bigger ones like those Frtlnrs. I have a replica of a 1996-1998 Crown By Carpenter Ford which I had gotten off Ebay: http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=3555744883&category=223 Thats the link. And Jeff do you make make your buses from bottom up or do you build off of a bus model already made? Just curious.

My Ford Can Turn On $50, Can Your Int? ~Ford Buses - Gems To The Eyes~
Go to Top of Page

GMCBlueBird83
Top Member

USA
1478 Posts

Posted - 02/14/2004 :  11:58:52 AM  Show Profile  Visit GMCBlueBird83's Homepage  Send GMCBlueBird83 an AOL message  Send GMCBlueBird83 a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by 98TomFord

Does anybody in this forum have Ford bus models? Not those little hotwheel ones, like bigger ones like those Frtlnrs. I have a replica of a 1996-1998 Crown By Carpenter Ford which I had gotten off Ebay: http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=3555744883&category=223 Thats the link. And Jeff do you make make your buses from bottom up or do you build off of a bus model already made? Just curious.

The pics don't work anymore, but I've seen that listing before. Its VERY nice. I would have purchased one myself if not for the $175 price tag.

Edited by - GMCBlueBird83 on 02/14/2004 12:42:20 PM
Go to Top of Page

98TomFord
Top Member

USA
812 Posts

Posted - 02/14/2004 :  12:18:24 PM  Show Profile  Visit 98TomFord's Homepage  Send 98TomFord an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Well when your a Ford bus person - that's nothing Wait until I own my real Ford bus - than that'll cost a preaty penny - lol.

Edited by - 98TomFord on 02/14/2004 12:21:09 PM
Go to Top of Page

SchoolBusFan
Top Member

USA
1769 Posts

Posted - 02/14/2004 :  9:50:40 PM  Show Profile  Visit SchoolBusFan's Homepage  Send SchoolBusFan an AOL message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by GMCBluebird83

quote:
Originally posted by 98TomFord

The pics don't work anymore, but I've seen that listing before. Its VERY nice. I would have purchased one myself if not for the $175 price tag.

I hope EZBY4U likes his/her $175 model. Watch out for that model again on E-bay, they might re-sell it for more?

Edited by - SchoolBusFan on 02/14/2004 9:52:30 PM
Go to Top of Page

98TomFord
Top Member

USA
812 Posts

Posted - 02/15/2004 :  3:06:37 PM  Show Profile  Visit 98TomFord's Homepage  Send 98TomFord an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Like I said SchoolBusFan, I currently own that model. And I was asking if there are other Ford bus models out there ex-cluding those little Hotwheel ones.

Go to Top of Page

SchoolBusFan
Top Member

USA
1769 Posts

Posted - 02/15/2004 :  9:20:38 PM  Show Profile  Visit SchoolBusFan's Homepage  Send SchoolBusFan an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Nothing compares to the real thing.
Go to Top of Page

Chris
Top Member

USA
1013 Posts

Posted - 02/15/2004 :  10:04:27 PM  Show Profile  Visit Chris's Homepage  Send Chris an AOL message  Click to see Chris's MSN Messenger address  Send Chris a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
I own a 1985 Ford Ward. 65 passenger (when I got it). I got it for 400.00 dollars, so you bought a scale model, when you could have almost had a whole bus. Thats why I avoid the high priced models.

My Personal Fleet
Go to Top of Page

SchoolBusFan
Top Member

USA
1769 Posts

Posted - 02/15/2004 :  11:17:39 PM  Show Profile  Visit SchoolBusFan's Homepage  Send SchoolBusFan an AOL message  Reply with Quote
The model saves space, lol. Wow, an '85 for that much.
Go to Top of Page

Chris
Top Member

USA
1013 Posts

Posted - 02/15/2004 :  11:41:18 PM  Show Profile  Visit Chris's Homepage  Send Chris an AOL message  Click to see Chris's MSN Messenger address  Send Chris a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Its not that bad of a price...I looked at older buses, one was an old Chevy, for 3,500...it was like 1980, broken class, home to bees and other things. The BusBoy has an 85 Ford Thomas, and got it for 600 more than I got mine for, even though our buses are almost completely opposite, mines gas, his diesel, mines manual 5 speed, his automatic, his is in a fairly better shape than mine, but atleast mine runs, has working air brakes, and drives decent.

My Personal Fleet
Go to Top of Page

BlueBird16
Top Member

USA
501 Posts

Posted - 02/16/2004 :  09:28:59 AM  Show Profile  Visit BlueBird16's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I have logos and bus lettering made at Signs Now. I do not scratch build. Everything I do is already a produced model. I just do the detail work. Kevin will have the disk in a few days. There are photos from all of the bus manufacturers. BB, Carpenter, CBC, AmTran, IC, Thomas. I have some Corbeil buses that I need to photograph and get posted. Buses that will be shown are spec'd from different states.

All buses that I detail are buses that are actually on the road now, somewhere in the country.
Go to Top of Page

SchoolBusFan
Top Member

USA
1769 Posts

Posted - 02/17/2004 :  01:00:49 AM  Show Profile  Visit SchoolBusFan's Homepage  Send SchoolBusFan an AOL message  Reply with Quote
That's a good variety of buses. Can't wait to see them!!
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 9 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:

School Bus Fleet Magazine Forums © 2022 School Bus Fleet Magazine Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.24 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000