New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

80-RE4
Top Member

USA
5700 Posts

Posted - 06/22/2003 :  7:29:29 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Who in here loves their job? I do. Even though some days I just want to ship some kids off to the moon, and run away from them, I love it.

I love knowing, deep inside, that I've made a difference in someones life. A simple "you're a great kid" can mean so much to a child. I have a tendency to say that too much to kids, like "you're a good kid or you're a smart kid". I know that it means alot to them. Even though there have been many challenging times throughout this year, I love it! It's like an addiction, no matter how bad the day was, I'm always anxious for the next morning to start my bus and start all over again.

Last year, one mom of a Kindergartner told me that I will always have a place in her daughter's heart, that almost made me get the kleenex out!! I have parents tell me that thier kids love me, but it feels good to know that having such a "small job" can play such a big role.

Today, at a retail store where i was shopping, I was approached by a mom who asked me if I was going to be driving the summer routes this year as I did last, When I told her no, she said OH No, that's the only way I got my son to go to school because he loved taking the bus-because of me.

This is the last week of school here, I feel like i'm saying by to my extended family members! I think I'm going to miss those kids....Then it will start all over in September!

This post doesn't really have a specific point, but i just wanted to share with you guys how much I love my job!

thomas86_a
Top Member

USA
4413 Posts

Posted - 06/22/2003 :  8:04:46 PM  Show Profile  Visit thomas86_a's Homepage  Send thomas86_a an AOL message  Reply with Quote
I enjoy the job as well, I just finished my 24th year driving bus. I'm going for number 25 next year, I haven't decided for sure yet if 25 is going to be it or if I'm going to continue on.

If you have an International, you NEED customer service.

Edited by - thomas86_a on 06/22/2003 8:05:45 PM
Go to Top of Page

busdrver4jesus
Top Member

USA
802 Posts

Posted - 06/23/2003 :  07:11:59 AM  Show Profile  Send busdrver4jesus an AOL message  Reply with Quote
I must say that I really enjoy my job as well. This will be my 10th year on the little yellow bus, and I hope it will be 10 more! I enjoy when parents tell you they like you driving their kids bus or when you see former parents from a previous route say they wish I was back driving again. I think all these comments needs to be sent to the man that wrote the editorial who said we had very little impact on the kids. Like the first post said, little words do have BIG impact on kids. All some kids need to hear is some encouragement in their life, and the bus driver may be the only place they get it. I have had kids who get in continual trouble at school, who have never given me a days trouble on the bus. Come to find out, the teachers and administrators have just given up on the kid and have stopped seeking for the good side. Me on the other had, I seek for the good side of the kid - its there. I drove an Alternative School Route for 3 years, and can honestly say that was the best route I have had. I only had 8 - 10 kids, and I got to see their good side. The schools had already given up on them, but all they needed was a little respect and encouragement. Yes, I love my job!
Go to Top of Page

JK
Top Member

USA
7307 Posts

Posted - 06/23/2003 :  07:22:35 AM  Show Profile  Visit JK's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by busdrver4jesus

... I think all these comments needs to be sent to the man that wrote the editorial who said we had very little impact on the kids. ...

Done, at least to the paper's editor. (jk)
Go to Top of Page

american busing 2
Advanced Member

322 Posts

Posted - 06/23/2003 :  10:02:23 AM  Show Profile  Send american busing 2 an AOL message  Reply with Quote
I DO FOR THE JOY OF BEING WITH KIDS AND MY OWN

HAVE A GREAT SUMMER.
GOOD LUCK IN THE 2006-2007 SCHOOL YEAR
Go to Top of Page

busdrver4jesus
Top Member

USA
802 Posts

Posted - 06/23/2003 :  7:26:16 PM  Show Profile  Send busdrver4jesus an AOL message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by JK

quote:
Originally posted by busdrver4jesus

... I think all these comments needs to be sent to the man that wrote the editorial who said we had very little impact on the kids. ...

Done, at least to the paper's editor. (jk)

Thanks JK - I hope some of them gets printed to let them know bus drivers do have an important job!
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:

School Bus Fleet Magazine Forums © 2022 School Bus Fleet Magazine Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000