New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Rich
Top Member

United States
5768 Posts

Posted - 06/18/2003 :  7:28:46 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
This is a school bus used in the movie Dumb and Dumberer.

Did Ward actually build such a small bus, or is it a rebuild? I'm betting on a rebuild, since the rear passenger window is so much smaller.

SuperiorGMC1963
Top Member

USA
1079 Posts

Posted - 06/18/2003 :  8:13:12 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Wow! That bus might be shorter than my Camry! Great job of shortening it!
Go to Top of Page

Jim
Top Member

USA
581 Posts

Posted - 06/18/2003 :  8:21:29 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Is it just me or is that bus off the ground? Looks like its jumping something.

Jim
Go to Top of Page

1983WardFord
Top Member

USA
1395 Posts

Posted - 06/18/2003 :  8:49:27 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by MRJim

Is it just me or is that bus off the ground? Looks like its jumping something.

It was... Well, it was going over a hill at a high rate of speed. It was a "try to lose the car following you" deal.

Due to the current economic condition, the light at the end of the tunnel has been turned off until further notice.
Go to Top of Page

thomasfan892

USA
96 Posts

Posted - 06/19/2003 :  03:37:55 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
That bus looks cool, but I prefer larger buses.

Thomas HDX - The most modern school bus design.
Go to Top of Page

Bus Boy 39
Top Member

USA
1315 Posts

Posted - 06/19/2003 :  06:18:24 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
That bus was actually rebuilt. I watched a special on the movie on MTV. The back half of the bus is actually a Blue Bird and the front half is a Ward. What the did was cut away both buses and connected them. The wanted a small bus like that so it could do some nice stunts {Jumping the hill, flying around town, racing}. Both of the buses were 66 passenger, and why they just didn't use one bus and make it shorter is unknown to me. I guess the Blue Bird maybe had better back-end suspension?

Anyway, it took the movie people a whole year to locate two buses and rebuild it. The engine in there is also rebuild....It's was monstered up to make it run races better as they do in the city.

I'll show you my air brakes if you show me yours.
Go to Top of Page

Buskid
Top Member

USA
3368 Posts

Posted - 06/19/2003 :  06:48:56 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
It's part-Blue Bird, part-Ward? Wow, I never knew that. I wonder what Blue Bird components they used on it. The only visible part I see on there that could've come from a Blue Bird is the cowl. The rest of the front-end and rear-end are definitely from a Ward.

That's interesting!
Go to Top of Page

busdrver4jesus
Top Member

USA
802 Posts

Posted - 06/19/2003 :  6:07:43 PM  Show Profile  Send busdrver4jesus an AOL message  Reply with Quote
I have watched that movie several times, and for the life of me, I can't recall seeing that bus in the movie. What scene was it in?
Go to Top of Page

Thomas Ford 85-16
Top Member

USA
4177 Posts

Posted - 06/19/2003 :  6:27:09 PM  Show Profile  Visit Thomas Ford 85-16's Homepage  Send Thomas Ford 85-16 an AOL message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by busdrver4jesus

I have watched that movie several times, and for the life of me, I can't recall seeing that bus in the movie. What scene was it in?

It was in the sequal, not the first one. I don't think you'd have time to see the sequal several times if it just came out!

Mike's Bus Yard - http://buses.zwebpages.com - Since 1999
Go to Top of Page

SuperiorGMC1963
Top Member

USA
1079 Posts

Posted - 06/19/2003 :  7:06:45 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hmmmm Half Blue Bird and half Ward. Does that make it a Ward Bird? Or maybe a Blue Ward?
Go to Top of Page

Buskid
Top Member

USA
3368 Posts

Posted - 06/19/2003 :  7:22:14 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I like Blue Ward.
Go to Top of Page

american busing 2
Advanced Member

322 Posts

Posted - 06/20/2003 :  03:44:10 AM  Show Profile  Send american busing 2 an AOL message  Reply with Quote
i like ward bird

HAVE A GREAT SUMMER.
GOOD LUCK IN THE 2006-2007 SCHOOL YEAR
Go to Top of Page

busdrver4jesus
Top Member

USA
802 Posts

Posted - 06/20/2003 :  05:26:58 AM  Show Profile  Send busdrver4jesus an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Oh - now I feel dumb and dumberer! I did not realize they had a sequal coming out! I miss read the title. I did not see the other "er" in dumber!

DUH
Go to Top of Page

98TomFord
Top Member

USA
812 Posts

Posted - 06/21/2003 :  11:25:31 AM  Show Profile  Visit 98TomFord's Homepage  Send 98TomFord an AOL message  Reply with Quote
I have to say it's one cool ooking bus! I think they should call it Ward-Bird, it sounds cool.

My Ford Can Turn On $50, Can Your Int? ~Ford Buses - Gems To The Eyes~
Go to Top of Page

Steven A.Rosenow
Top Member

USA
1926 Posts

Posted - 06/21/2003 :  12:51:47 PM  Show Profile  Visit Steven A.Rosenow's Homepage  Send Steven A.Rosenow an AOL message  Send Steven A.Rosenow a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
For some odd reason, the back end of the bus just doesn't resemble a Blue Bird...

http://www.gilligcoaches.net
Go to Top of Page

B. Busguy33
Top Member

USA
3444 Posts

Posted - 06/21/2003 :  5:10:03 PM  Show Profile  Visit B. Busguy33's Homepage  Send B. Busguy33 an AOL message  Send B. Busguy33 a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Looks like a 100% Ward body to me.

I also fail to see where they would attach two halves of two different bus bodies to make one bus body. Sounds easier to just cut one bus body to build a bus such as that.

Edited by - B. Busguy33 on 06/21/2003 5:29:44 PM
Go to Top of Page

SuperiorGMC1963
Top Member

USA
1079 Posts

Posted - 06/21/2003 :  7:53:02 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I agree! They say that a picture is worth a thousand words and by the looks of that bus the body appears to be 100% Ward...which would make sense.
Go to Top of Page

unimog

USA
4 Posts

Posted - 06/24/2003 :  06:38:28 AM  Show Profile  Click to see unimog's MSN Messenger address  Send unimog a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Cool Stunt Bus, some of our fellow comarades could use that one, specially the ones that cannot back up or turn around at all...

"... need bars on bus windows.." "...don't feed the students..."
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:

School Bus Fleet Magazine Forums © 2022 School Bus Fleet Magazine Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.11 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000