Enter Forum: Buy, Sell or Browse
 value of buses
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

bthelin

2 Posts

Posted - 11/25/2002 :  6:34:44 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I am helping a charter school find a home for some buses but we dont know how much they are worth
1994 wayne 66 pass. GMC 366, 5 spd,2 spd
9.00R20 body in fair shape
I have heard there is a "yellow book" that will value it for us but no one around here has one that I know of
Thanks in advance

Buskid
Top Member

USA
3368 Posts

Posted - 11/25/2002 :  7:04:11 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Try this link: http://www.yellowschoolbusbook.com/

Crown Supercoach - The “Royalty” of Pupil Transportation
Go to Top of Page

thomas86_a
Top Member

USA
4413 Posts

Posted - 11/25/2002 :  7:06:09 PM  Show Profile  Visit thomas86_a's Homepage  Send thomas86_a an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Yes the yellow book is what you are looking for, as for a 94 Wayne/GMC, that isn't possible, in 1992 GMC became exclusive with Blue Bird. A GMC/Wayne would be a 91 or older model. You'll have to look at the identification plate inside the bus, it will have two dates, one of the manufacture date of the chassis, one of the bus body.

"America's #1 Conventional School Bus- Thomas/International."
Go to Top of Page

bthelin

2 Posts

Posted - 11/27/2002 :  09:15:06 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
your right I did a little more looking it is a 1986 wayne
I was hoping that someone who had a yellow book could look it up for me
it would seem kind of silly to me to buy a yellow book just to look up 1 price
Thanks brian

Go to Top of Page

Buskid
Top Member

USA
3368 Posts

Posted - 11/27/2002 :  09:41:55 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
bthelin, another option might be checking out the prices of other similar used school buses that are for sale right now. Try looking at the following sites:

http://www.used-bus.com
http://www.usedschoolbusesforsale.com/
http://www.joy-co.com

eBay's always a good place to compare prices also.

Crown Supercoach - The “Royalty” of Pupil Transportation
Go to Top of Page

wagonmaster
Top Member

USA
2298 Posts

Posted - 11/27/2002 :  2:22:19 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
My best guess on an '86 Wayne with a stick shift is about $1,000-1,500...provided it runs and drives well and isn't in need of major repairs. Hope this helps.
Joe

Go to Top of Page

cowlitzcoach
Advanced Member

USA
325 Posts

Posted - 12/11/2002 :  07:10:59 AM  Show Profile  Visit cowlitzcoach's Homepage  Reply with Quote
The reality in the used bus market is used buses are selling really cheap right now. GE Credit has over 1000 buses they are sitting on that they have repossessed. With that many buses sitting around the country it does tend to depress a market.

Anything over $500 for a bus with a gas engine and a stick shift is going to be a real gift.

Good luck.

Mark O.

Go to Top of Page

bluebirdr#1

USA
50 Posts

Posted - 12/19/2002 :  1:09:59 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I have a 1999 edition of the yellow bus book.
Base wholesale value for type c conventional 61 - 72 passenger 1984 model is $ 1,000.00. Deduct $ 400.00 for manual transmission and if it has air brakes add $ 200.00.
Hope that helps.

Go to Top of Page

patrick young

USA
84 Posts

Posted - 07/29/2005 :  11:16:34 AM  Show Profile  Visit patrick young's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Howdy fellow Enthusiast/Bus Fan

I am new to the site, but I already recognize many of the nice bus folks and names I’ve seen for years on the Net. So I wanted to drop a line to some of the members who I think I might be able to share information with, or possibly lend assistance.

I am a retired school teacher (not by choice) who has been working with buses and trucks and diesel stuff for about 18 years. I've also owned 3 diesel Mercedes, a diesel Isuzu (Great car!), Lister Diesels, Deutz diesels, and I have also had two Nissan diesel pickups. I started driving a truck (Int’l Fleetstar 2000D, 6-71 DD, 10 speed Roadranger) 31 years ago when I was in the military.

I'm best on school buses, so if you have an expensive silversides 4104 I will be of only limited help. But I do know quite a bit about engines in general, especially Cummins, CAT, Detroits and IHC. I’ve helped rebuild a CAT 1160 V-8, and a 180 Cummins, so I learned a lot and got very dirty!

I currently have several Crowns, some Gilligs, a Ford/Gillig, an International/Ward, and also LOTS of tires and bus parts. I mean LOTS!

I have a very simple policy on selling anything, from an entire bus to the smallest part. If you are unsatisfied with anything, just return it undamaged for a full refund. That includes the entire bus, as long as you don’t keep it for 10 years. Bus parts and buses only appreciate in value (well OK s.l.o.w.l.y appreciate) so I won’t be hurt, nor will I have any hard feelings. I’ll just sell it to somebody else later.

I have also dismantled 7 buses (one Crown, two Fords and four Gilligs) and know a lot about their innards. I’ve spent waaaay too much time underneath a bus!

So if you need any help, feel free to give me a call or an e-mail.

Have a good one

Patrick Young
Wheelchair Project
Fresno, CA
WheelchairBusProject@yahoo.com
(559) 244-1042 (559) 251-3814
http://www.fresnoalliance.com/wheelchairproject

BE nice to even the mean people and it will help you grow and mautre. "You make a living by what you get, you make a life by what you give." (anything else wil just make you crazy eventually)

please Question Authority when you think it is necessary. If it is legitamate, it will stand up to the test. If not, don't be a hypocrite, and put your own effort into making it better, not just tearing it down. It is blasphemy to say God likes your nation, or has chosen your nation, over another. that is one of the many conceits and lies that ensures that if Jesus comes back, he probably won't spend much time here, but go to a humbler poorer nation where people have faith, not pride. There exists both Nationalistic Propaganda and Timeless and profound spiritual Truths that will outlive all of us. Unfortunately most of us are easily sedcued by the more comforting rhetoric,i.e. pleaasant falsehoods are better than unpleasant truths. A national flag has no place in a House of God. It is also blasphaemy, the church once again getting in bed with the State.
God neither sees nor respects the ever changing national boundaries and lines we draw on maps, nor our reasons for war, he sees his children deluding themselves out of fear, comfort and laziness.
I also like travelling, and cold beer.
Go to Top of Page

Deborah T Bennett

1 Posts

Posted - 01/24/2013 :  06:43:08 AM  Show Profile  Visit Deborah T Bennett's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Do you have a phone# or have information on how to get in touch with the right GE Credit?
quote:
Originally posted by cowlitzcoach

The reality in the used bus market is used buses are selling really cheap right now. GE Credit has over 1000 buses they are sitting on that they have repossessed. With that many buses sitting around the country it does tend to depress a market.

Anything over $500 for a bus with a gas engine and a stick shift is going to be a real gift.

Good luck.

Mark O.

Go to Top of Page

markmc60

1 Posts

Posted - 01/30/2013 :  08:48:22 AM  Show Profile  Visit markmc60's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I am also searching for the value of one of our buses that I need to sell.
1996 bluebird/GMC 6.6 cat, is it ok to post the vin here?

Edited by - markmc60 on 01/30/2013 08:52:32 AM
Go to Top of Page

John M. Keigher
Advanced Member

USA
441 Posts

Posted - 06/30/2016 :  06:56:58 AM  Show Profile  Visit John M. Keigher's Homepage  Reply with Quote
A lot of people check Midwest Transit Equipment, Inc. website www.midwesttransit.com. Midwest Transit has 1,000+ buses for sale, been in business for 40 years and their website is user friendly.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:

School Bus Fleet Magazine Forums © 2022 School Bus Fleet Magazine Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.08 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000