Professional Garage
 Enter Forum: Professional Garage
 DT466 random shut down when close to stop
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

peter2019

125 Posts

Posted - 02/16/2019 :  6:38:16 PM  Show Profile  Visit peter2019's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hi I need some help, my 2006 international school bus DT466 random shut down when close to stop light without engine light come on, cannot get any code with my master diamond logic builder software, most of time it can restart right away, this bus happened hiccup sometime too. Check all the fuse including on the top of battery box are good and new IDM relay , check fuel pressure , it quickly build up to 50 PSI when start, but it is not holding any pressure when shut off(drop to zero), is that normal? No idea where should check, please help, many thanks!

Edited by - peter2019 on 02/16/2019 6:50:41 PM

baptistbusman1

USA
175 Posts

Posted - 02/17/2019 :  11:17:01 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Sounds like the Cam Sensor. I've never seen one leave a code when it's going out.

I was formally Baptistbusman. However, I lost my password, and had not updated my email address.

Here is a link to my old posts. http://www.schoolbusfleet.com/forum/search.asp?mode=DoIt&MEMBER_ID=1846
Go to Top of Page

peter2019

125 Posts

Posted - 02/17/2019 :  4:47:06 PM  Show Profile  Visit peter2019's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Thank you for reply, baptistbusman1, just wondering if any sensor or electric problem, I should get engine light and code from my laptop, but there is nothing, and why it hiccup some times, driving on the road like some ghost press your paddle to the ground, bad cam sensor will act like that and no engine light? Thanks
Go to Top of Page

td083

195 Posts

Posted - 02/19/2019 :  03:49:53 AM  Show Profile  Visit td083's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I agree with Baptistbusman sounds like possible cam sensor issue , it can cause it to run rough , shut off all of the above . Could be wrong but that's where I would start .
Go to Top of Page

meanmechanic01

31 Posts

Posted - 02/23/2019 :  7:14:52 PM  Show Profile  Visit meanmechanic01's Homepage  Reply with Quote
check the main power and grounds in the battery box(not just the fuses) ,,, three wire connector all red wires and two wire connector with white wires.. any burnt terminals can cause it to die easy.. also the idm relay on the firewall same thing... also wiggle and check the connector on the ipr valve..
Go to Top of Page

peter2019

125 Posts

Posted - 02/24/2019 :  7:37:47 PM  Show Profile  Visit peter2019's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Thanks meanmechanic01, but anything because IDM relay or clean power wire connector, I should get engine light with code like DTC534 or DTC525, but I donot have any code, and I think anything with electrical problem, less chance for me to restart bus right away, I will replace new camshaft position sensor to see what's going on...
Go to Top of Page

meanmechanic01

31 Posts

Posted - 02/25/2019 :  6:20:37 PM  Show Profile  Visit meanmechanic01's Homepage  Reply with Quote
hey did you replace the fuel pressure regulator in the ff housing? or did you ever find a small spring or metal flakes in the ff housing? if fuel pressure drops out at an idle like you say it would die off...
Go to Top of Page

peter2019

125 Posts

Posted - 02/25/2019 :  6:36:48 PM  Show Profile  Visit peter2019's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hi, meanmechanic01, I did replace the little fuel pressure regulator inside fuel filter housing, and I found some metal power from bottom fuel strainer, but not that much, just a little, I replace camshaft position sensor as well, let see how's going, to be honest, it die not really often before, maybe once or twice a month.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:

School Bus Fleet Magazine Forums © 2022 School Bus Fleet Magazine Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000