New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Admin
Administrator

USA
1662 Posts

Posted - 01/03/2019 :  11:57:00 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
We thought you might be interested in this story about the South Carolina Department of Education confirming that all 1995 and 1996 bus models, which accounted for a majority of the state’s thermal events, have been scrapped and replaced.

http://www.schoolbusfleet.com/news/732550/fire-prone-school-buses-removed-from-south-carolina-fleet

Dvorak

United States
95 Posts

Posted - 01/04/2019 :  05:45:45 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
As a volunteer "thermal event" fighter, I love the terminology!
Go to Top of Page

CISDbusman
Advanced Member

306 Posts

Posted - 01/04/2019 :  1:32:50 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
What has been determined to be causing the fire or fires? First one I have read about... We don't have any rear engine busses or any Thomas anything but would still like to know how they came to this conclusion.

"A district spokeswoman told School Bus Fleet that the bus was a 1995 Thomas Built rear-engine model."
Go to Top of Page

Admin
Administrator

USA
1662 Posts

Posted - 01/04/2019 :  2:31:10 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The 1995 and 1996 models were prone to electrical fires and other thermal events similar to the incident that occurred in May 2017 in Spartanburg, South Carolina where the fire was caused by a faulty heater.

quote:
Originally posted by CISDbusman

What has been determined to be causing the fire or fires? First one I have read about... We don't have any rear engine busses or any Thomas anything but would still like to know how they came to this conclusion.

"A district spokeswoman told School Bus Fleet that the bus was a 1995 Thomas Built rear-engine model."

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:

School Bus Fleet Magazine Forums © 2022 School Bus Fleet Magazine Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000