Professional Garage
 Enter Forum: Professional Garage
 AmbuBus Conversion
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Rich R

3 Posts

Posted - 12/20/2018 :  2:22:57 PM  Show Profile  Visit Rich R's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hello, thank you for the add. I am in the process of converting a full size 2006 Bluebird Vision Handy Bus into a mass casualty AmbuBus. The bus was recently donated by our school district and is in excellent condition. Now that it will become an emergency vehicle I will need to have air horns installed. The vendor needs to know the location and how much space is available for the compressor and air tank before he can quote a specific unit. Does anyone have any suggestions? It will be greatly appreciated. This is a new project and I have zero experience with school busses.

Thank you,
Rich

bwest
Administrator

United States
3820 Posts

Posted - 12/21/2018 :  08:59:36 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I assume by your comments that this is a hydraulic brake bus? If so, I believe there should be a compressor mounting pad on the engine. I know my hydraulic brake buses have that pad on them. Another suggestion is to go to a salvage yard and get a compressor, lines, tank and tank mounting brackets from a bus like yours.

Bryan
Go to Top of Page

BigPapa
Advanced Member

215 Posts

Posted - 12/21/2018 :  09:22:32 AM  Show Profile  Visit BigPapa's Homepage  Reply with Quote
If you can post up a VIN or Body Number I'm sure I can help you out.

-Scott
Go to Top of Page

Rich R

3 Posts

Posted - 12/21/2018 :  11:38:16 AM  Show Profile  Visit Rich R's Homepage  Reply with Quote
1BAKFCKA87F243068, I was wrong, it's a 2007.
Go to Top of Page

bwest
Administrator

United States
3820 Posts

Posted - 12/21/2018 :  12:32:10 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Looked that up and it says it stolen.

Bryan
Go to Top of Page

bwest
Administrator

United States
3820 Posts

Posted - 12/21/2018 :  12:34:45 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Just kidding!

Bryan
Go to Top of Page

bwest
Administrator

United States
3820 Posts

Posted - 12/21/2018 :  12:35:51 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
BB Vantage says it's air brake. Why do you need a compressor?

Bryan
Go to Top of Page

Rich R

3 Posts

Posted - 12/21/2018 :  12:47:27 PM  Show Profile  Visit Rich R's Homepage  Reply with Quote
LOL.

I wasn't sure if that air supply would be enough for a pair of air horns and I didn't want to compromise safety. Do you think the current system would be enough to handle it? Firefighters can get heavy on the air horns.
Go to Top of Page

bwest
Administrator

United States
3820 Posts

Posted - 12/21/2018 :  12:54:56 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
lol, I would think it would be plenty. However, I would check the air usage of the horns. Air Horns are something I know nothing about. We have drivers who would like for me to put air horns on but they aren't going to get them. lol

Bryan
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:

School Bus Fleet Magazine Forums © 2022 School Bus Fleet Magazine Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000