Professional Garage
 Enter Forum: Professional Garage
 2009 MAXXFORCE DT ICP LOW AND HIGH
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

td083

195 Posts

Posted - 12/13/2018 :  06:39:21 AM  Show Profile  Visit td083's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hey all I have a maxxforce dt
--original complaint is hard to start unable to build icp code stored
--I found 2 pucks were leaking orings busted I replaced injectors/pucks/oring/icp
--the no start hard start issue is gone starts fine runs great
--now though the bus keeps setting a , icp low and icp high codes when driving , it has been driven a long while 50 miles to make sure not air trapped system
--also the ipr was replaced and someone said connector repaired
--after all this I cant find any reason for the icp high and low to be setting ***I went ahead and pulled the valve cover again and replaced the icp sensor thinking maybe I got a bad new one but issue is still there
---when driving the pressure does jump 650-1200 after driving then at a stop , also the icp desired seems to not change quick at all ? does anyone know what the ecm monitors to decide the icp desired ?
***any help or advice would be much appreciated thanks ***

Edited by - td083 on 12/13/2018 06:40:23 AM

Bluenozer
Top Member

Canada
644 Posts

Posted - 12/13/2018 :  10:28:12 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
usually(well twice now) with this code I have found the 3 wire plug for your ICP will lose the little gray part of the plug (it stays in sensor) you will know because when unplugged you can see the connectors themselves in the plug body or when a new ICP is installed and plugged in with this part missing it will bend a terminal inside sensor

OEM trained in wiring and all engine platforms for over 20 years
Go to Top of Page

td083

195 Posts

Posted - 12/19/2018 :  05:31:35 AM  Show Profile  Visit td083's Homepage  Reply with Quote
So we checked rechecked everything we could think of , called the dealer and found out they need to reset fuel adaptation setting in computer , so bus will be sent to dealer as we checked and do not have the ability with our scanner guessing dealer only . He did mention he had another bus from another county do the same thing icp high and low codes along with icp adaptation dtc and as it is rare for this to happen the reset remedied the issue, just figured id post this as we have done a lot of these and this is the first time I have had this happen .
Go to Top of Page

RonF
Top Member

867 Posts

Posted - 12/19/2018 :  08:25:56 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by td083

So we checked rechecked everything we could think of , called the dealer and found out they need to reset fuel adaptation setting in computer , so bus will be sent to dealer as we checked and do not have the ability with our scanner guessing dealer only . He did mention he had another bus from another county do the same thing icp high and low codes along with icp adaptation dtc and as it is rare for this to happen the reset remedied the issue, just figured id post this as we have done a lot of these and this is the first time I have had this happen .

I can't remember if I can do this or not with NED, but I do reset the Mass air flow sensor and DPF settings on mine when we work on them. One reason to buy OE diagnostics.

US Army retired CMBT
Go to Top of Page

td083

195 Posts

Posted - 12/19/2018 :  08:31:46 AM  Show Profile  Visit td083's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Yea we actually do have OE equipment , we actually had the bus at our shop and had the dealer log in through our server to our NED and try to reset what was needed but he told us he believed it would have to come to the dealer as they may have had some other capability with there computer ? He did state they had one just like it in the past and it was some type of reset or reprogram done to fix it .
Go to Top of Page

RonF
Top Member

867 Posts

Posted - 12/19/2018 :  1:23:30 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by td083

Yea we actually do have OE equipment , we actually had the bus at our shop and had the dealer log in through our server to our NED and try to reset what was needed but he told us he believed it would have to come to the dealer as they may have had some other capability with there computer ? He did state they had one just like it in the past and it was some type of reset or reprogram done to fix it .

Your are correct. I just happened to have a DT coming in after I wrote that so I checked it and nope, can't do it. Must be a dealer only feature.

US Army retired CMBT
Go to Top of Page

td083

195 Posts

Posted - 12/20/2018 :  02:29:54 AM  Show Profile  Visit td083's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Yes to me the whole thing is just odd how I have never ran into this before as many icp leaks and repairs we have had on these engines , the one thing I do know about this situation is the driver let it go on for a long while before we repaired it because she knew it would eventually start she just long cranked it for a while month and half guessing and eventually got to the point it wouldn't start so maybe the ecm compensated for the leak for so long this happened once it was repaired don't know ?
Go to Top of Page

Bluenozer
Top Member

Canada
644 Posts

Posted - 12/20/2018 :  08:39:11 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
they must use navkal instead of neds
never ran into this issue either I think there is only one level to neds (dealer) navkal needs a dyy account to use and this program will do anything you want (except for deletes, but you would be able to calibrate ecm to fire truck or military spec)

Go to Top of Page

Cal Mc
Advanced Member

303 Posts

Posted - 12/20/2018 :  08:53:59 AM  Show Profile  Visit Cal Mc's Homepage  Reply with Quote
We can do an adaptation reset on our 2012 MaxForce DT engines using Servicemax. We cannot do the 2010 engines. What is the difference?
Go to Top of Page

td083

195 Posts

Posted - 01/08/2019 :  02:18:56 AM  Show Profile  Visit td083's Homepage  Reply with Quote
SO update we sent to dealer they found out there was no such recalibration or fuel adaptive reset they could do and sent the bus back to us . We found the new ipr was the issue once it was replaced the dtcs stopped coming on .
the ipr was replaced by another tech a month before for the separate issue of the extended crank in which it did not remedy , but somehow started acting up same time we repaired the leaky icp system , never have seen an ipr set the dtcs In the manner it was possible may have gotten something inside ? I guess
anyway just wanted to update in case anyone gets a bus that sets
icp low and high same drive times and icp adaptive fault codes
Go to Top of Page

Bluenozer
Top Member

Canada
644 Posts

Posted - 01/08/2019 :  02:25:11 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thank you

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:

School Bus Fleet Magazine Forums © 2022 School Bus Fleet Magazine Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000