2013 emissions MaxxForce DT
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

RonF
Top Member

867 Posts

Posted - 11/08/2018 :  08:02:39 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I have 5 of these that went out of warranty on Tuesday and all of them keep having SPN 102 FMI 10, slow boost response fault. All of them have had numerous items replaced over the warranty period, 30+ claims in 5 years and this is the one fault that IC can't seem to fix.

I do have an open claim on a couple but now that warranty is up, of course IC washers their hands of any thing that isn't open.

Anyone have any solutions that may correct this? Turbos have been replaced, tubing, CAC hoses, actuators, pretty much if it bolts to the block, it has been replaced over the last 18 months.

Bluenozer
Top Member

Canada
644 Posts

Posted - 11/08/2018 :  08:25:47 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
check the bear trap in exhaust right after the turbos, it only assist in regen , does not cycle at key on, the only way to know if it moves get unit to temp, open hood and shut it down and the flap should cycle then 3 or 4 times I think , if it does not more than likely the cylinder is seized ( flap usually does not seize)
How many clicks are on unit?
dt9 maxxforce?
Check the ITV and EGR valve on intake seen these screw up and not log codes for itself but give top1 fault
retro fit the closed crankcase to an open on(kit through navistar(1000$) , or plug elbow in turbo intake and hose off of crankcase filter point it down ( like old school stink pipes) the turbo usually ***** up oil here and you'll see at CAC connections(this will gum up turbos)
now i'm in the habit at 150,000 km or more I'll replace all 6 injectors and all the pucks(complete not just o-rings) saves alot of headache
Also seen the EGR hot pipe(back of engine) clog up solid
hope this helps

OEM trained in wiring and all engine platforms for over 20 years
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:

School Bus Fleet Magazine Forums © 2022 School Bus Fleet Magazine Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.03 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000