Blue Bird still has morales
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Jared
Top Member

USA
1865 Posts

Posted - 08/07/2002 :  4:37:17 PM  Show Profile  Visit Jared's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I know that the first merger involved blue bird, however, they always try to offer choices in their conventional chassis range. They always offered ford, gm and international , and even freightliner. thomas and international are trying to suck the industry dry of choices, and they are unfortunatly winning. I have complete faith that bb will pull through with a chassis for their conventional, however it really ***** how they are getting shafted in the business this year. Skewl bus boi mentioned in a recent post about this, and I totally agree with him. If any body company deserves to surive BlueBird does. and thats my opinion.

thomasvista2012
Top Member

USA
747 Posts

Posted - 08/07/2002 :  6:47:59 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
With the crappy customer service and support Blue Bird provides, do they really deserve to survive?

Jason doesn't think so!

Go to Top of Page

Thomas Ford 85-16
Top Member

USA
4177 Posts

Posted - 08/07/2002 :  6:53:45 PM  Show Profile  Visit Thomas Ford 85-16's Homepage  Send Thomas Ford 85-16 an AOL message  Reply with Quote
All bus companies offered those chassis at one time. Ford and GM were the ones who backed out from Thomas. I'm sure Thomas would have liked to keep them going before they were aquired. Freightliner is the one controlling Thomas. I'm sure THomas doens't want to suck the industry dry of choices, that's Freightliner's decisions. As for International, it wouldn't really make sense to offer their body on other chassis. Or vice versa. And as Jason stated, Blue Bird really needs some customer service 101.

Stop at: http://www.buses.cjb.net
Forums: http://thebusboy.proboards2.com

Quote:
"As long as one keeps searching, the answers come."
-Joan Baez
Go to Top of Page

thomas86_a
Top Member

USA
4413 Posts

Posted - 08/07/2002 :  8:06:47 PM  Show Profile  Visit thomas86_a's Homepage  Send thomas86_a an AOL message  Reply with Quote
I don't think Blue Bird deserves to go under, but they certainly aren't getting any business from us. A Thomas Built Bus Body in our district on average will hold up 3-5 years longer than a Blue Bird Bus Body. Some may disagree that's fine, I said in OUR district.

And as for customer support, we have an excellent Thomas dealer in this state, Hoekstra Transportation, when we have a problem it is taken care of immediately.

"America's #1 Conventional School Bus- Thomas/International."
Go to Top of Page

wagonmaster
Top Member

USA
2298 Posts

Posted - 08/07/2002 :  8:17:21 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
We get far better service from Bluebird, than we ever did from Thomas, and this is going back 10-12 years! Easier warranty recovery, too! They stand behind their product much better than Thomas does with us.
And lets be honest, the only manufacturer trying to keep people from buying their product is Thomas/Freightliner. IC still sells their fine conventional school bus chassis to anyone that wants one and prices it competitively, too.
Joe

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:

School Bus Fleet Magazine Forums © 2022 School Bus Fleet Magazine Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000