Electric Bus
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

C2FAN

United States
114 Posts

Posted - 10/05/2018 :  11:20:34 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
So my district is apparently putting in for some type of grant to purchase electric buses. Anybody else out there hearing about this?

Admin
Administrator

USA
1662 Posts

Posted - 10/05/2018 :  12:01:57 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
C2FAN, we recently covered the EPA's announcement to offer $9 million in DERA funding for public and private fleet owners to have cleaner, safer school buses:

http://www.schoolbusfleet.com/news/731498/national-school-transportation-association-past-president-speaks-at-epa-event

You can read more information about the 2018 DERA School Bus Rebate program here: https://www.epa.gov/cleandiesel/clean-diesel-rebates
Go to Top of Page

bwest
Administrator

United States
3820 Posts

Posted - 10/08/2018 :  09:02:31 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
They also might be using the VW grant.

Bryan
Go to Top of Page

C2FAN

United States
114 Posts

Posted - 10/08/2018 :  12:32:18 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Ok thanks I think funding is coming from VW settlement. Lion is the manufacturer, they are a canadian company. Hope I wont have to become an electrician in addition to being a mechanic.
Go to Top of Page

40ngone

USA
166 Posts

Posted - 10/08/2018 :  12:54:50 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
There coming, good luck.
Go to Top of Page

Troy87

United States
52 Posts

Posted - 10/18/2018 :  3:48:33 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I have heard some really good things about Lion. They are moving fast. Hope they work out for you, keep us informed on how well they work. (my concern would be parts availability and the time it takes to get them, with the customs situation from Canada to the US) We got some new Microbirds that came from a Girardin plant in Canada about 4 yrs ago and they held them up at customs for 3 weeks before they would allow them to be imported to Chicago. Hopefully things are working smoother now.

Edited by - Troy87 on 10/18/2018 3:52:13 PM
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:

School Bus Fleet Magazine Forums © 2022 School Bus Fleet Magazine Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.07 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000