Professional Garage
 Enter Forum: Professional Garage
 1997 IH 3800 hydraulic brake booster pump
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Pitbull Equipment

4 Posts

Posted - 09/20/2018 :  11:48:02 AM  Show Profile  Visit Pitbull Equipment's Homepage  Reply with Quote
This is in reference to a personal bus of mine. When I turn the key the brake booster pump comes on and does not shut off, the bus will not turn over. This has happened in the past, I had low brake fluid. After filling the master cylinder the booster pump would shut off quickly and the bus would start. The master cylinder is full now, I noticed the power steering fluid was low, filled it. I have pulled the pressure line at the top of steering box that goes to the master cylinder while the booster pump was running and there is no pressure but fluid does run from the top of the steering box where the pressure line attaches. There wasn't much fluid from the steering box to the master cylinder. I don't know if the booster pump is supposed to pressurize the whole system. Any help would be much appreciated.

Fastback
Top Member

1500 Posts

Posted - 09/20/2018 :  12:16:43 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The booster pump should run anytime the key is on and engine is not running.
The booster system is not the reason your engine won't "turn over".
The electric booster pump will not provide pressure for the power steering.

Why yes, the ORIGinal CHARGER is a Fastback
Go to Top of Page

Pitbull Equipment

4 Posts

Posted - 09/22/2018 :  4:17:12 PM  Show Profile  Visit Pitbull Equipment's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Thanks for taking the time to set me straight. Got the bus started.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:

School Bus Fleet Magazine Forums © 2022 School Bus Fleet Magazine Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000